Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Pan America Special
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am almost at my 1,000 mark and I called to schedule the service. I was given a price of about $530 to $550. I was told it takes about 4 hours. This sounds high to me. Has anyone else taken their Pan America in for the 1,000 mile service? I was wondering what your costs were. Also he mentioned they have to change the engine, transmission and primary oil. I thought the PA only has one oil unlike other Harley engines? He also said the new Revolution Max engine uses a special oil for that engine.

Let me hear your thoughts on all this please. My service is scheduled for June 4th. Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here’s a picture of my receipt. Oil is the 15W50 synthetic blend. Just one oil. I agree the 3.2 hours labor seems high. I can do it cheaper myself, but the dealership I go to has a good service shop and they have a lifetime power train warranty if they (or another dealer while on travel) performs the service work.
Rectangle Organism Font Circle Pattern

·
Registered
2022 Pan America Special
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here’s a picture of my receipt. Oil is the 15W50 synthetic blend. Just one oil. I agree the 3.2 hours labor is high. I can do it cheaper myself, but the dealership I go to has a good service shop and they have a lifetime power train warranty if they (or another dealer while on travel) performs the service work.
View attachment 1082
That was for your 1000 mile service correct, not just an oil change. Hopefully mine will be about the same as yours once they do it. Who knows if they've even done a Pan America service yet at my shop.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That was for your 1000 mile service correct, not just an oil change. Hopefully mine will be about the same as yours once they do it. Who knows if they've even done a Pan America service yet at my shop.
Yes. The entire service bill spells out it’s for the 1,000 mile service, and the portion I attached says “1K” in the top left. They did the other 1K inspections not listed on the bill which didn’t have parts to charge for. They also adjusted and lubed the chain, washed and air-dried the bike.

·
Registered
2022 Pan America Special
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for the replies. I will call a couple other local HD dealers and see what they charge for the 1000 mile service.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My dealership didn't know for sure what the cost would be but they told me probably the same as a touring bike. I have a 3 year service agreement I bought last year for my road King that transferred to my pan am. I have 2 more years of "free" K services. It cost me $2500 up front but I'm that year I used almost 2000 of it. There's more to the agreement than just service, discounts and free storage the first year, loaner bikes.

·
Registered
2021 Baja Orange / White Pan America Special
93 Posts
I was told to expect $600 for that service. I did it myself, and since I had half the bike apart anyway, I figured all of the extra checks and adjustments wouldn't be required.. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: Cold

·
Registered
41 Posts
Imo look at the service record intervals. Majority of the 1000 mile inspection is checks and an oil change (15w50 or 20w50), super easy to do on this bike provided harley didnt put loctite on the drain plug. Save the money for an upgrade.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts