Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked mine up a couple days ago and today was the first day I was able to get away from work and put about 150 miles on it. In normal fashion, I checked the oil after my first good run and when I unscrewed the plug, oil came running out. I did find that there is a jiffy check line and a center stand check line, but I have always checked my bike warm. This can't be normal, thoughts?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just picked mine up a couple days ago and today was the first day I was able to get away from work and put about 150 miles on it. In normal fashion, I checked the oil after my first good run and when I unscrewed the plug, oil came running out. I did find that there is a jiffy check line and a center stand check line, but I have always checked my bike warm. This can't be normal, thoughts?
Sound like a definite oil overfill. If the tech went by the manual and put in the recommend 4.75 qts. that's the problem. I could only get close to 4.0 qts in on my first oil change. You need to drain some out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. It basically ended up draining itself while it was hot, I just stuck a drip pan under and popped the cap off. I then leaned it over some to expel a little more and warm reading is correct on the dipstick while on the jiffy stand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts