93300106 - Onyx Premium Luggage Tail Bag
93300129 - Tank Bag

4th Gen MotoProCam Dual WiFi DVR Cam System for Motorcycles
ZOLEO Satellite Communicator
Ecoregion World Map Line Atlas

The trip:

The PA purred all the way!

Navigation:
I did use the HD Navigation and TFT but relied mostly on Apple Maps and my phone.

Pro: Downpour rain and couldn’t have my phone on it’s mount. Placed the phone in the tank bag top pouch with the rain cover but couldn’t see it. Used the HD navigation and displayed it on the TFT, worked like a charm!

Con: App is clunky and doesn’t do well pausing and renewing, Apple Maps was way better. Used the Scenic App and Gaia GPS App when rural.

Mechanical:
Pro: Bike performed great!

Con: Noticed the burn on the lower radiator hose 300 miles into the trip. Issue already identified in other threads, mine even has the recommended spacing. I kept an eye on it and no issue the entire trip but will have to have it serviced. HD needs to rectify the issue!! I think it’s just a poor design.

Cargo:

Aluminum cases, Tank bag, and tail bag performed excellent!

Pan Americas in the wild? Did not see another Pan Am, only street gliders.

Can’t wait to be able to go again! Happy riding!

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It ended up being 13 days kickstand up to home. That allowed for layover family visiting days. When going between stops the max I could do was 300 miles and then I had to be off the bike. I forgot to list it but I also have the Sundowner Solo Seat (PN: 52000478).

· Premium Member
107 Posts
I was out for 150 miles today and id really like to do something to the seat. Do you find the Sundowner to be much more comfortable over stock? Wife are planing a trip for sometime this winter to do a coastal ride around the entire state of FL. We're originally from PA Pocono region.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello, yes, I do find it much more comfortable. I found it easier on pressure points over the stock seat but, it’s not going to do anything for a passenger! The Sundowner does sit about an inch lower which being 6’3” I’d prefer it to be a little higher but overall comfort is better.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was out for 150 miles today and id really like to do something to the seat. Do you find the Sundowner to be much more comfortable over stock? Wife are planing a trip for sometime this winter to do a coastal ride around the entire state of FL. We're originally from PA Pocono region.
A Florida loop is not going to be the same as the PA Pocono region! The PA is definitely made for Pocono and Catskills Forest roads! Getting to do more of the NEBDR and other routes next season!

· Premium Member
107 Posts
A Florida loop is not going to be the same as the PA Pocono region! The PA is definitely made for Pocono and Catskills Forest roads! Getting to do more of the NEBDR and other routes next season!
Something I never knew before coming down here was the vast amount of national forest land and roads. The landscape is extremely different but equally as beautiful in its own way. I do miss the ridgeline in the distance though I must say. Rider and passenger seat ordered and should deliver next week. Very excited to get that added comfort. Thank you for the recommendation!

· Registered
3 Posts
I have the same bike and you've bought every accessory on my wishlist! Well done! Any reports on the accessories? Does the Black Top Box have a back pad for a passenger. The silver box from HD shows the pad, but I haven't seen the black one pictured with a pad. Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts