Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner

ABS/Traction Control Recalibration

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  1250_pan_am 
#1 ·
I have swapped over to LiveWire wheels and the ABS is not liking it much. I have a whole gaggle of ABS and Traction control codes.

Does anyone know if the system can be recalibrated to account for the 17" front wheel diameter?

Before anyone asks... This bike will be road raced in Bagger Racing League, Moto America, and CMRA (Local Race Org)

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

See less See more
#2 ·
What class are you running it in for Moto America? I thought Super Hooligans was restricted to bikes that advertise 120hp or lower?

I've got a friend running Pro Stock in BRL, I didn't know they had the F/S Cup class where the Pan Am could run... suddenly having baaaaad thoughts about mine, it's my return to road riding bike after nearly 20yrs of racing... hrmmm...

Post up build progress details you're willing to reveal, I'm super interested in just how deep you dive into this. How hard of a swap, ignoring software issues, was the Livewire front wheel?

#3 ·
Super Hooligan website has the Pan America listed for 2023. I'm sure they will handicap it somehow, likely capping the rev limit.

Livewire wheel was easy. Space the rotors out 8mm and it needed a .650" axle spacer.

The rear is going to take more work. It bolts up PERFECTLY without the speed sensor. I'll have to machine a sprocket and rotor and somehow make enough room for the speed sensor. We'll see what happens.