Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I assume you're like me and everything I ordered is not in stock (backordered)?
So far I only ordered the side and top panniers, tank bag and aux lights but gotta wait. I would like to take a little road trip before weather changes. Think Harley should have accessories available to people who bought the PA, of course if they want any. I heard some dealers especially out west got quite a bit in stock/on shelves but got no clue. Maybe they did couple months ago.
I did mention that in the survey Harley send me about my experience/purchase.
Ok that's my .02.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought a few things from Surdyke HD ( mail order HD dealer that is about 30% less than my local dealer) when I bought the bike and so far they have delivered everything in about half the time they said when I ordered. Kind of sucks that so much is back ordered and no aftermarket parts around yet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a few things from Surdyke HD ( mail order HD dealer that is about 30% less than my local dealer) when I bought the bike and so far they have delivered everything in about half the time they said when I ordered. Kind of sucks that so much is back ordered and no aftermarket parts around yet.
Oh really, may haveta look into that but my dealer gave me 15% off, I figured that would probably be my best bet when buying accessories and yes very true bout aftermarket.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I always order my Harley stuff from Surdyke. Just order the Reach Seat and Knee Pads. Says October for Delivery. Going to go ahead and order the Top Rack plate and case since my homemade version is less than optimal. LOL

·
Registered
36 Posts
I always order my Harley stuff from Surdyke. Just order the Reach Seat and Knee Pads. Says October for Delivery. Going to go ahead and order the Top Rack plate and case since my homemade version is less than optimal. LOL
I just got my tank bag from Surdke at the begging of the week and they just moved the tank pads back to November if I remember correctly. I saw a review of a Chinese knock offs the HD Chinese made pad and the adhesive didn't hold up well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Madstad has for sure got the windshield shortcomings covered. Completely redesigned mounting and shield. Stainless mounting, adjustable and rock solid !

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Madstad has for sure got the windshield shortcomings covered. Completely redesigned mounting and shield. Stainless mounting, adjustable and rock solid !
Yeah I'm not real satisfied with factory shield. So you have that on yours or seen it? I ask cause you're giving pretty high praise for it. I definitely want to "upgrade" my shield.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes. An 18". It completely replaces all that plastic mounting including the display mounting with really solid stainless. Only two drawbacks I found is you can't adjust on the fly , or at least I can't and the instructions sucked. Had to call twice. Really not bad once I figured it out. They need to work on that part. Also a little pricey but what hell , but the bike deserves it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts