Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, while I was looking at the AeeDea highway pegs, curious if anyone out there has pulled the trigger on their pannier kit. Looks pretty solid but I've got some reservations. Curious if anyone has tried them yet.

Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
For the price, that's hard to beat. I have the GIVI setup on mine and I am at about $800 into it, still need to buy my last bag for the top. See if you can find a youtube review on the panniers on another bike.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah so onto the quality of the riding pegs which I have, the clamps themselves you can tell they were forged somewhat manually, no CNC was used. The hardware holds up great, havent had to adjust them since I installed them back in February / March. I went with their pegs because its a two clamp setup and you have a lot of adjustability with the bracket, plus you can get a more relaxed riding position while using them, some of the others I have seen you have to lift your legs way up and Im not comfortable doing that while riding. As for their other products, Ive ordered the heel shifter, but I found it unnecessary for one and two their method of attaching it to the shifter peg is not very bombproof (basically have two screws and two nuts to pinch it in place, easy to dislodge it out of position).

For the bags, Im a big fan of the GIVI monokey system, if you go that route check out MotoStorm online, based in Italy, but I found them when I ordered the rear rack carrier. MSRP in the US for the rear rack is $280 (GIVI SRA8400), through them I got it for $179, and that was after a $30 shipping charge. The bags, and the side mount bracket is cheaper through them as well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Font Number Circle

I ordered my first two bags and the side rack from Dennis Kirk in January when I got the bike
The rear carrier from Motostorm Italy I ordered end of May

Shipping on both of them was well within a week. I cant see my tracking info from Dennis Kirk, as its been like 6 months, but Motostorm shows it shipped May 30th, and arrived June 2nd. I have the Trekker 33 on the right, and the Trekker 46 on the left.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts