Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used products from AeeDEA. I am looking at the highway pegs and heel shifter. Looking at all the information on their parts they appear to be well make but they don't have any reviews on their products.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Has anyone used products from AeeDEA. I am looking at the highway pegs and heel shifter. Looking at all the information on their parts they appear to be well make but they don't have any reviews on their products.

It's funny I come here to read this comment because I have the same question. From what I've seen in a video they published on youtube November of last year the constrution looks very solid. I placed an order today for both the pegs and the shifter, personally I may get my own hardware just for aesthetics.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's funny I come here to read this comment because I have the same question. From what I've seen in a video they published on youtube November of last year the constrution looks very solid. I placed an order today for both the pegs and the shifter, personally I may get my own hardware just for aesthetics.
I purchased the shifter and highway pegs today. I paid with PayPal so they charged an additional 5.5% plus international shipping so it ended being $185 instead of $118. But I am ordering and they are supposed to ship on Monday.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I chose to go with the more expensive shipping. That is the $12 difference. Will let you know when I get any updates.
By any chance have you gotten your heel shifter installed yet? Think theres an issue with clearance on the bolt (or maybe its operator error)that goes through the linkage under the pivot point.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I have installed the heel shifter and it works fine. I have also installed the highway and they work great. Had an issue with one of the peg mount bolt but the responded immediately and replaced it. The customer service was outstanding. The long bolt goes in the linkage towards the back of the motorcycle. I have included pictures. Hope that helps because it really does work great.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah your photo makes sense so that bolt head isnt clearing the bottom of the rider peg bracket, may be because I tried it with a washer. Without a washer it may clear. Thanks! Yeah the highway pegs are well constructed minus the crash bar clamps

·
Registered
61 Posts
Overall wasn't happy with their method of attaching the linkages so little ******* engineering, and thanks to scrap metal thats the stock skid plate I got this to work pretty great.
Sewing machine Hood Sewing Sewing machine feet Automotive design

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was thinking about welding them together, since once you have it set you don't need the adjust ability. As long as I don't heat it too much it shouldn't warp but will add a lot of strength. What do you think?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had the same thought, but I'm not 100% sold on the aspect of the heel shifter, on a sport bike where your body is more aggressively positioned it feels more natural, to me on this bike it feels highly unnatural.

·
Registered
2022 Pan America Special
74 Posts
I chose to go with the more expensive shipping. That is the $12 difference. Will let you know when I get any updates.
I am thinking of ordering the highway pegs as they look awesome. Did you just pay for the product plus the shipping? He mentioned something about paying customs duty or something as well. Did you have to pay anything extra? Was it just delivered to your house? Thanks. I plan on using PayPal as well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am thinking of ordering the highway pegs as they look awesome. Did you just pay for the product plus the shipping? He mentioned something about paying customs duty or something as well. Did you have to pay anything extra? Was it just delivered to your house? Thanks. I plan on using PayPal as well.
So I paid for the items, I do not see that I paid any custom fees. For the pegs and the shifter, total with shipping was 173. The items arrived about 3 weeks after I submitted payment. Pegs are working great, it took a while to get them about even for riding.

·
Registered
2022 Pan America Special
74 Posts
So I paid for the items, I do not see that I paid any custom fees. For the pegs and the shifter, total with shipping was 173. The items arrived about 3 weeks after I submitted payment. Pegs are working great, it took a while to get them about even for riding.
Ok thanks. I ordered the pegs the other day. They looked good on the website. Good to hear from someone that's using them. I was a little leery ordering them but the site seemed legit. I figured since I was using PayPal I could get my money back if there were issues. Thanks again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It sure is great to hear someone say they received parts from aeedea, I ordered highway pegs and adjustable pillion backrest with fingers crossed.
The front fender that would protect the radiator is a good idea but it looks to bolt to brembo brake calipers and that seems dangerous offroad

·
Registered
2022 Pan America Special
74 Posts
It sure is great to hear someone say they received parts from aeedea, I ordered highway pegs and adjustable pillion backrest with fingers crossed.
The front fender that would protect the radiator is a good idea but it looks to bolt to brembo brake calipers and that seems dangerous offroad
I received my highway pegs last week. They came in about 4-5 days from when I got an email that they shipped. I got them a lot faster than I thought.

·
Registered
2022 Pan America Special
74 Posts
I put my highway pegs on this past Friday. They work really well. I had to adjust them a little after my first ride with them on Sunday. I had them a little too far away. Here are some photos as promised.
Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Wheel Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Vehicle
Automotive tire Vehicle Fender Motor vehicle Grass

1 - 20 of 31 Posts