Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 21 PAS w/o ARH. I love this bike so much, but I'm beginning to regret not getting the ARH. Has anyone attempted to add ARH after purchase? I was told by one dealer (not the one I bought the bike from) that it can be added but would require new forks and a software update. He said it would cost over $3000 plus labor to add. When I mentioned this to my local dealer they looked at me like I was delirious. Just wondering if anyone has tried this. I can't find anything from Legend or any other aftermarket options that are comparable. For the cost (if it's even possible) it might make more sense to trade it for a PAS with ARH. Any insight or opinions would be welcomed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I currently have a 21 PAS w/o ARH. I love this bike so much, but I'm beginning to regret not getting the ARH. Has anyone attempted to add ARH after purchase? I was told by one dealer (not the one I bought the bike from) that it can be added but would require new forks and a software update. He said it would cost over $3000 plus labor to add. When I mentioned this to my local dealer they looked at me like I was delirious. Just wondering if anyone has tried this. I can't find anything from Legend or any other aftermarket options that are comparable. For the cost (if it's even possible) it might make more sense to trade it for a PAS with ARH. Any insight or opinions would be welcomed.
Hi,
I believe that the ARH option is only available as a Factory fit when the bike is ordered, not as an aftermarket option:(.
It would probably be better to see if you can trade for an S type Pan, as the trade in deficit would probably be less than
the cost of the conversion even if the parts are available. Plus you get a lot more "extras" with an S 😊

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
I believe that the ARH option is only available as a Factory fit when the bike is ordered, not as an aftermarket option:(.
It would probably be better to see if you can trade for an S type Pan, as the trade in deficit would probably be less than
the cost of the conversion even if the parts are available. Plus you get a lot more "extras" with an S 😊
Thanks for the reply. I agree that’s probably the best option. I’ve already convinced myself now I just have to break the news to my old lady. Lol. Mine is a special though. It has everything but the ARH. Even with the reach seat on it I’d feel a lot better with more of my foot on the ground while in stop and go traffic around town.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I traded my 2021 Special without ARH to buy a 2022 Special with ARH. When all was said and done, it cost me about $2,000. But the bike will be worth more, and it comes with a 2 year warranty again. The dealer did have to swap my laced wheels to the new bike, most of the 22's are only coming through with cast wheels. I kept all of my accessories and put them on the new bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I traded my 2021 Special without ARH to buy a 2022 Special with ARH. When all was said and done, it cost me about $2,000. But the bike will be worth more, and it comes with a 2 year warranty again. The dealer did have to swap my laced wheels to the new bike, most of the 22's are only coming through with cast wheels. I kept all of my accessories and put them on the new bike.
Definitely sounds like a no brainer. I hope you're enjoying your 22

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
You can actually get the “Special” without the ARH. When I bought mine the dealership traded for a PAS at another dealership. It had every option available on the special except ARH. I told them that’s not what I wanted and ordered one from the factory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts