Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I've seen some talk about seat covers and someone has a corbin but that's about it. Some have said factory is comfortable, well mine is too around town/short trips.
I got 2k miles with several rides being long days and 1/2 way thru my butt is feeling it. I'm wondering if factory seat will "break in" and get more comfortable as time/miles pass or should I invest in a different option? Last thing I want is something, that can be avoided/reduced, gets my attention focused on it instead of the ride.
Also, I do have a mustang seat on my RK and can say it's very nice but you still gotta stretch your legs every so often.馃榿
Just curious on what others have to say on this subject.
Might ride some more tomorrow if butt ain't sore.馃榿

Registered
not to be a smart A, but you have to toughen up. At 71 years old, I just did 2 Ironbutt SS1000. Stock seat is just fine. More time in the saddle is whats needed. Every Spring I go thru the same thing. After some back to back couple hundred mile rides, it's all good..

Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with you somewhat and that's kinda what I was asking. I'm not a complete pu$$y nor hardcore extremist either. Just saying the factory seat is nice til I sit on it multiple hours at a time.
Just like everything other thing in life, if there's something that'll make it or an item better/easier/etc most, if not all will buy it! So if a seat will let me enjoy the long ride and not my a$$ and without having to live on the seat for it to "get" comfortable, think I'm buying. I do ride as much as possible (more often with new PA)馃榿 but of course there'll be long stretches between rides.
I did my first SS 1000/24 in July on my RK, boy that was different and glad I can mark that off my list.

Oh do appreciate your input and safe travels/rides. God willing and with his blessings I'll be riding when I'm 71!

Registered
2021 Baja Orange / White Pan America Special
Just like opinions, everyone's ass is different 馃ぃ Bike seats by nature don't have a lot of space to fill to hold people up. From 150 to 300lbs, wide, narrow whatever. I have a Corbin, and they have always been absolutely amazing for me. The Mustang worked really well for my girlfriend. Unfortunately it can be hit and miss... All depends on how you're built and how the support is designed into the seats.
Good luck!
P. S. I hope I'm still riding at 71 too馃槑馃

Reactions: ODGreenPA

Registered
H-D PAS RA1250S Deadwood Green Spokes & ARH
Factory seat is a bit soft, but better than most in terms of comfort. I find the bigger difference is the knee hip angle and for that I find the seat in its higher position makes it more comfortable. I'd love a Corbin seat as they're much more supportive, but would probably make do with the sundowner seat. :cool:

Registered
2021 Baja Orange / White Pan America Special
I'm actually a little pissed with HD about the seat. They build an adventure bike. They give it the biggest fuel tank of any bike they build because they know how its going to be used. Then they put on a basic seat, but you can buy their "better" seat as an accessory. How about just out the better seat on as standard instead of the money grab? 馃が

Registered
I'm actually a little pissed with HD about the seat. They build an adventure bike. They give it the biggest fuel tank of any bike they build because they know how its going to be used. Then they put on a basic seat, but you can buy their "better" seat as an accessory. How about just out the better seat on as standard instead of the money grab?
Never...
Sometimes I would take all that s...t packed and back to the factory with a note about learning respect to the customer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts