Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks like a real bargain. Be interested to know it it fits straight on or some adjustments are needed
The supplied plate will need to fit the Harley or other aftermarket rack. The plastic rack thing as standard won’t support the weight of the box alone.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The case looks well made. The stitching on the inside panels kind of remind me of a coffin. Keep us posted as to how they hold up.
The case is very well made. Most Alu boxes are unlined so it’s a bonus, the stitching matches other aftermarket linings such as Advanblack Tour Pak stuff. Whatever it looks like it’s going to di a great job at protecting contents and reducing rattles etc.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fitted to the bike using H-D mounting kit, didn’t realise it is allowed to slide side to side to prevent undue buffering to be transmitted to the bike. Used 2 x H-D mounting points and two bespoke brackets to make secure.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper
Automotive tire Product Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great... Looks good.
One question.
How many helmet will fit in the topcase.
Is there a cushion for the passenger available.
It takes one peaked full face helmet. I ordered the 45litre box but you can get bigger. be mindful of the low loading capacity of the rack. I have ordered some cushions and ill let you know how they fit.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK cool, it certainly looks the part. Not sure to spend the extra cash to get the Hepco & Becker or buy something like this; I am guessing it took a while to get it?
I ordered 12 Sept. Delivered 9 Oct. The way I looked at it was how often will you actually use it, there’s no way I was going to pay 2k for luggage. The panniers from Motea look promising too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah you are right; I am planning to do some more trips around EU in the new year so most likely 2-3 times a year max so it hard to justify the cost. The only thing that sways me is I don't like the offset of the right pannier adjacent to the exhaust, I prefer the cutout of the H&B.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah you are right; I am planning to do some more trips around EU in the new year so most likely 2-3 times a year max so it hard to justify the cost. The only thing that sways me is I don't like the offset of the right pannier adjacent to the exhaust, I prefer the cutout of the H&B.
I agree to a degree Craig, but whilst the cut out may be more aesthetically pleasing, it doesn’t carry a huge amount more. All of the current side case options, both OEM (SW Motech) and others are way too wide. I was looking at Kappa and I think it was 1m 5cm across 😱.

The best option are the OEM sports bags which sit tight on the bike frame without any other supporting structure, but the price is off putting. Also having pannier frames does help in a tumble and to pick the bike up.

I was toying with the pannier frames from Motea for that very reason, but another member on here has them and the panniers on order so I’m waiting for his opinion.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts