Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Would there be any interest in a more durable aluminum chain guard? If we get a few people committed we could put one into production. It would be of the same stock design / shape unless there would be a benefit for a different design or improvement.

Thank you

· Premium Member
107 Posts
Since the rear fender is incorporated into the chain guard, I think we'd all love to see an extended fender and stronger chain guard. I believe having both of these features in your product would be the key to success on this product.

· Premium Member
107 Posts
This bike essentially has 2 rear fenders, a lower and and the tail your passenger sits on. The lower fender is so short it causes all the road debris to sit on top of the fender and swing arm which is very annoying. a few companies have rear lower fender extensions available and I see they are becoming pretty popular.

Attachments

· Premium Member
107 Posts
I would imagine just ordering a lower fender would give you everything you need to improve upon the original design. Factory lower is extremely flimsy and there are very few fasteners holding it in place. Some kind of aluminum would add much needed rigidity

· Registered
29 Posts
I don’t see the need for a metal change guard but the swayback design of the swingarm leaves a lot of chain dangling underneath to catch debris or flop around if not adjusted properly. I bit of a hazard I think. Most manufacturers seem to add stronger chain guide blocks at the sprocket and flaps to protect and stabilize and the bottom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts