Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for reading. First post. I’m coming over from a BMW GSA.

Looking at a new 22 w/ ARH and laced wheels for $23k vs a used 22 with 300 miles for $20k. Would need to add tax to both. Not sure if there is any difference inside the ‘22 year to be aware of (quality better later in the run) or if they are the same. I’m a bit worried about a buying a bike someone rode for 300 miles and turned in. My main need / interest is the ARH working correctly. Or is a ‘22 a ‘22 and there aren’t really any difference besides one is new and one is used.

Should I be more aggressive pushing for a better price on each?

Or should I wait for the 23s at this point given I’m only going to get a few weeks of riding left. Haven’t seen anything on the 23s though.

· Premium Member
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
253 Posts
My .02¢ take for what it's worth and it is just that, my opinion, nothing more.

I agree bout being skeptical on used bike with 300 miles, I'd get previous owner name/number and call/talk with them and find out reason.
Then it comes down to if you wanna ride little and storage or wait til next year....as far as difference in bikes I've got nothing, I'd assume basically same.

Of course hard to give good advice with limited information.

I got mine in August (mines 21), granted little more ride time than October but I did put on ~1100 miles before put up for winter.
Very happy with my purchase.

Oh I almost waited til spring/new year as I was having hard time finding one and the reading/hearing bout headaches people were having with thiers but Im glad I didn't!

· Registered
37 Posts
I'd buy new...there's enough sorting out issues with these bikes IMO without possibly having to deal with a PO's changes/mods/McGyvering.
If you opt for a '23 make sure it's part of the dealer's allocation. My '22 wasn't...so I watched for months while the factory shipped unsold bikes to dealers
across the nation spec'd identically to what I wanted while I waited. When the factory shut down for 2 weeks in May my dealer did an inventory swap to get me a bike. Funny thing...I also started calling around and found a new '22 spec'd identical to my order...unsold....60 miles away.

Pricing...not likely MSRP, factory imposed surcharges, setup or transportation fees will stay static. I'd go for the '22...might make any argument over dealer imposed surcharges less of an issue.

Good luck!

· Registered
44 Posts
My .02¢ take for what it's worth and it is just that, my opinion, nothing more.

I agree bout being skeptical on used bike with 300 miles, I'd get previous owner name/number and call/talk with them and find out reason.
Then it comes down to if you wanna ride little and storage or wait til next year....as far as difference in bikes I've got nothing, I'd assume basically same.

Of course hard to give good advice with limited information.

I got mine in August (mines 21), granted little more ride time than October but I did put on ~1100 miles before put up for winter.
Very happy with my purchase.

Oh I almost waited til spring/new year as I was having hard time finding one and the reading/hearing bout headaches people were having with thiers but Im glad I didn't!
I agree here with ODGreenPA. This late in the game you may want to wait next year unless you can ride longer in the season where you are at. If budget is a go get the new. IF the used one was 5+ grand cheaper then maybe. Who knows why they gave it up. Could of been financial or he just didnt like it. Or the bad its got issues.
The ARH on my 2022 is awesome once i fixed the miswired connector. As a tech it was a 20 min job for me but i have the tools and know how. But with the information i have the fix could of been done with a good paper clip and carefulness.
My .02 cents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts