Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am having a issue with the ARH system. Intermittently it will fault out I assume. It will active normal at first, as soon as I get down the road a bit the fault lite come on along with the ARH indicator solid. Other than that it works great has anyone else experienced this. Also just a FYI for me does anyone seem to have a lot of noise coming from the front kind of sounds like wind flowing through the fairing with a rattle. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
68 Posts
Having a similar issue with ARH, bike is at the stealers awaiting a fix but so far they don't seem to have a clue what the problem is. (They've had it for three weeks now)
UPDATE. Apparently there was a fault in the front fork electronics. Forks now replaced under warranty and so far, so good. To be fair, the Dealership pulled out all the stops to get this fixed and back on the road, so thanks.

· Registered
17 Posts
Mine was doing this. Took it to a couple different dealers. Last dealer found that the connector under the seat for the shocks was pinned wrong. They moved the wires to match the schematic and it seems to have taken care of the issue. They said mine is the 4th bike that they have done that too. I found a similar issue on another forum that went into detail with this with pictures and schematics. Apparently there are a lot of bikes that were wired wrong,,,but not all of them. Probably a certain lot of wire harnesses I would guess. My bike seems to feel different to me now but it may just be that I haven't ridden it since early June so my summer was spent riding my trusty DRZ400.

· Registered
7 Posts
This just started happening on my PAS. It doesn’t effect the ride as far as I can tell other than it not lowering some times, but I consider this more of an inconvenience than an emergency so I’m not ready to give up my bike to the dealer for weeks as they scratch their heads on it. Will probably wait till the end of riding season and let them have it.

· Registered
180 Posts
If the code logged is C181014H HD technical should have it listed as a known fault. Get your dealer to contact them and the answer should be “we need to replace the right fork leg”. Keep riding until they get it in and can fix it.

· Registered
68 Posts
DTC C181014 is front preload piston position circuit shorted to ground/open. The letter at the end can be one of three, H, C or P
H= historic
C= current
P= pending
The first two are self explanatory, Pending means that the onboard diagnostics are stil trying to work it out.
The cure for this one is to replace the right front forkleg.
Hope this helps.

· Registered
180 Posts
DTC C181014 is front preload piston position circuit shorted to ground/open. The letter at the end can be one of three, H, C or P
H= historic
C= current
P= pending
The first two are self explanatory, Pending means that the onboard diagnostics are stil trying to work it out.
The cure for this one is to replace the right front forkleg.
Hope this helps.
Exactly this. I’m waiting on a new right fork leg from the dealer.
The good news is the bike is fine to ride. The system has been designed to fail in the ride position. The only thing you will notice, the front will not lower.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts