Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner

Audible Alarm and Locking Fuel Cap

6K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  BGP PanTastic 
#1 ·
I’ve spotted in the HD online catalog they are listing an alarm siren and a locking fuel cap. Neither of these are listed as standard figment on the Pan America Special.

Alam Siren P/N69000124
locking fuel cap P/N61100188

Could anyone who has picked up the Pan America Special please confirm if these part are fitted as standard. If HD are penny pinching on not fitting a siren then that’s pretty poor form.

Thanks for answers

#4 ·
[ wQUOTE="Nimda, post: 226, member: 93"]
Thanks. Was hoping I was wrong.
I might see if I can get the dealer to fit them as part of the bike build, if I purchase them.
[/QUOTE]
Nimda , with the locking gas cap are you worried that fuel will be stolen or someone would put something in the tank? I always considered them a pain in the ass when fueling up, more so when the temp is cold and I have to take my gloves off. I also had one bike that the fuel cap that would eat keys. Good luck with your new PA!

#5 ·
[ wQUOTE="Nimda, post: 226, member: 93"]
Thanks. Was hoping I was wrong.
I might see if I can get the dealer to fit them as part of the bike build, if I purchase them.
Nimda , with the locking gas cap are you worried that fuel will be stolen or someone would put something in the tank? I always considered them a pain in the ass when fueling up, more so when the temp is cold and I have to take my gloves off. I also had one bike that the fuel cap that would eat keys. Good luck with your new PA!
[/QUOTE]

I understand nimdas point on the penny pinching, however, I agree with RR83 and im perfectly happy NOT having the locking gas cap OR the alarm/siren that would only be annoying to myself or my buddy if he's with me. Wish I could delete panic alarm on my vehicle, talk about waste of money. Anyways, I'm glad it's not on mine and if you want them they're available. Just my opinion nothing else.

#17 ·
Siren
Extension Cable

pass it on please!

#18 ·
HI ...Got mine and it did come with a locking cap but when i looked how to make the "alarm " audible found that it needed a part . I purchased the part and fitted it and now works as i would expect . I purchased the bike thinking i was getting an alarm (with sound), it seems if you want some things you have to pay

#19 ·
Mine turned up exactly the same, locking fuel cap but no audible alarm.
I have the parts sat on my desk ready to fit. Good to hear you fitted them yourself. Manchester Harley Davidson told me it wasn’t possible to fit yourself as it needed plugging into the computer to enable it. He insisted this even when I downloaded the fitting instructions from the HD website and proved he was wrong.

#23 ·
I bought locking gas cap and paid locksmith $25 to key it to the laser key. I bought the siren as well but realized I needed the extension plug and it started working immediately without HD hooking to it as they claimed. I'm waiting until they do the recall on the grab handle to put siren in caddy since all that has to come off to access slot in caddy. Really content with both add on's for leaving parked overnight.

#24 ·
For some reason mine come with a locking fuel cap.
I was aware that a cable was required. As for it working once plugged in, the instruction say its plug and play. That didn’t stop the dealer telling me I had to pay them to fit it and plug in the computer. I fitted it myself and it worked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.