Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Administrator
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Nickel Motor vehicle Silver Emblem

Welcome to our first PanAmericaForums.com Bike of the Month contest!

Winners will receive a free year of premium membership, an album in the Pan Am of the Month gallery, a custom flair next to their username, and be featured on the homepage until a new contest starts.

Since this is our inaugural post, we'll take it nice and easy. Show us some pictures of your Pan America!

We do have a few ground rules before we get started:

1. Try to add at least three photos. NO Collages. Pictures should be the current state of your bike. Try to avoid having any people in your images.

2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your bike if you have done any.*

3. The bike must be yours. Bikes waiting to be purchased may not be included.

4. Include a short description of your favorite aspect of your bike or your favorite memory or ride taken on your bike.*

5. Votes for the month's winner will be tallied by the number of "Like" your post has on the last day of the month.

*Optional but encouraged.

Good luck with this month's entries!

~MR 😊

· Administrator
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usage/mileage covered should also have a bearing, shirley?
That's an excellent idea for a contest for another month, but this month is just about posting pictures of your ride and the number of likes you receive.

~MR

· Premium Member
'19 Raptor, '22 Pan America Special
8 Posts
Aight, here we go:

This is my 2022 Pan America Special - in classic Vivid Black with the cast wheels:

Wheel Tire Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle brake Vehicle

Specs and Mods:
It's a 2022 Special with ARH. I went for the cast wheels with scorcher adventure tires, as they give better feedback on the street, and i don't intend to jump her while offroading.
She has the Screamin' Eagle Street Cannon exhaust and SE Extreme Flow air filter, along with a tune after the first service, haven't yet had the chance to dyno it tho.
Other Mods include an additional crash bar for the exhaust, the full sport luggage set incl. the baseplate for the topcase, and the radiator guard to keep those pesky pebbles away. The tank grip pads are from ebay.

Tire Wheel Helmet Vehicle Motorcycle helmet

Playing around with some wheelies for practice. (Person on the Image is me - i'm fine with beeing seen here)

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle

The last image is from possibly my favorite trip up until now - a 5-day tour through southern germany (bavaria), the czech republic and austria. Zero highways, only backroads through beautiful forests, valleys and across a few mountains. What i love most about the Pan, and what sets it apart from every other bike i've ridden thus far, is that i really do not need to worry about the road condition or weather, just set out for a ride and see what comes my way. She'll probably handle it, anyways. Also dropped her the first time on a gravel road in the alps, but she took it like a champ and has no visible damage other than a few scratches on the crashbars.

· Premium Member
2021 Baja Orange / White Pan America Special
138 Posts
Cloud Plant Sky Natural landscape Larch
Automotive tire Camera lens Automotive lighting Reflex camera Automotive exhaust

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

A few pics of my 2021 PAS. The list of modifications is extensive, but I'm very proud of how the solo frame and trunk turned out. It has a removable rack with a pelican case and HD soft bag, as well as soft side bags. New Madstad windshield after a bird strike broke the first one, absolutely love the new Motoz tires. ADV skidplate, Acerbis hand gaurds and front fender. Fabricated chain gaurds and front light mounts. TOCE exhaust, Rox Risers, Shock Soxs and fabricated cylinder gaurds. Calgary Harley Davidson billet rider pegs, HD. headlight and radiator gaurds. I had to whip up a Mad Max kind of heat shield when mine fell off on my way back from a trip to Vancouver Island 🤷🏼‍♂️
Cloud Plant Sky Natural landscape Larch
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire
Automotive tire Camera lens Automotive lighting Reflex camera Automotive exhaust
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Bicycle tire Vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
. The box liner protects everything extremely well and makes clean up a breeze, even when it gets dumped at the end of a nasty logging road in the mud (hence the carwash pic lol). I love this bike and can't wait for another road trip in a couple of weeks.

· Registered
2022 HD Pan America 1250S
17 Posts
Aight, here we go:

This is my 2022 Pan America Special - in classic Vivid Black with the cast wheels:

View attachment 1548
View attachment 1547

Specs and Mods:
It's a 2022 Special with ARH. I went for the cast wheels with scorcher adventure tires, as they give better feedback on the street, and i don't intend to jump her while offroading.
She has the Screamin' Eagle Street Cannon exhaust and SE Extreme Flow air filter, along with a tune after the first service, haven't yet had the chance to dyno it tho.
Other Mods include an additional crash bar for the exhaust, the full sport luggage set incl. the baseplate for the topcase, and the radiator guard to keep those pesky pebbles away. The tank grip pads are from ebay.

View attachment 1549
Playing around with some wheelies for practice. (Person on the Image is me - i'm fine with beeing seen here)

View attachment 1550
The last image is from possibly my favorite trip up until now - a 5-day tour through southern germany (bavaria), the czech republic and austria. Zero highways, only backroads through beautiful forests, valleys and across a few mountains. What i love most about the Pan, and what sets it apart from every other bike i've ridden thus far, is that i really do not need to worry about the road condition or weather, just set out for a ride and see what comes my way. She'll probably handle it, anyways. Also dropped her the first time on a gravel road in the alps, but she took it like a champ and has no visible damage other than a few scratches on the crashbars.
Awesome. Truly. Gotta ask, my bad. Re: Ride Mode for Wheelie-- Off Road Plus w/Traction Control Off? Anything else? And what gear, approx wheel speed? Thanks and bike a nice day, knee caps in the wind.

· Premium Member
'19 Raptor, '22 Pan America Special
8 Posts
Awesome. Truly. Gotta ask, my bad. Re: Ride Mode for Wheelie-- Off Road Plus w/Traction Control Off? Anything else? And what gear, approx wheel speed? Thanks and bike a nice day, knee caps in the wind.
Hi,
The slight front wheel lift you can see in the Images is the Result of me pulling the throttle wide open in 2nd Gear while in Sport or Offroad Mode (both have the same TC Level) - for a proper wheelie with the Front tire up in the air a few inches i'd recommend Offroad Plus (Traction control still turned on), go around 4000 rpm in either first or second gear, rapidly drop RPMs to 3000-ish, wait for the front fork to compress, and when your front starts swinging back up you pull the throttle, going up to 5000rpm and you'll lift the front wheel easily. Add some body movement or clutch dump once you feel comfortable and always cover the rear brake lever if you need to cancel the wheelie, as connected braking is turned off in Offroad Plus.

There was actually no need to turn TC off for me as of yet, in Offroad+ the bike seems to allow a lot of stuff to happen without intervention, so i prefer to keep it on just in case it could safe me from a drop. I guess once i feel a little more comfortable on one wheel i might try some longer ones without TC.

Also, i'm 245pnd so i need first or second gear for it o work - i have heard quite often that with a slightly lighter rider or more weight towards the rear of the bike, it should work fine up to third.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts