Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im taking my PanAm to the dealer to get the grab rail recall fixed next week, and at the same time I want my dealer to update my bike. The dealer says there aren't any updates that they can install but I've read about some other owners doing a firmware / BCM update to fix issues such as USB port and clock issues. Can anyone help me point my dealer in the right direction so I can get some of my electronics issues fixed? Im still dealing with a clock that makes up a random time and bluetooth connectivity issues and a dead USB port.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Im taking my PanAm to the dealer to get the grab rail recall fixed next week, and at the same time I want my dealer to update my bike. The dealer says there aren't any updates that they can install but I've read about some other owners doing a firmware / BCM update to fix issues such as USB port and clock issues. Can anyone help me point my dealer in the right direction so I can get some of my electronics issues fixed? Im still dealing with a clock that makes up a random time and bluetooth connectivity issues and a dead USB port.
As a matter of fact there IS an update for BCM wich will allow you to restart easily your engine if it should stall & a few other improvements . If your official dealer connects your bike to their Digital technician computer , it will be automatically be disposed in their "reflash" centre . This update can only be done in accessory mode and with a power supported interface !!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As a matter of fact there IS an update for BCM wich will allow you to restart easily your engine if it should stall & a few other improvements . If your official dealer connects your bike to their Digital technician computer , it will be automatically be disposed in their "reflash" centre . This update can only be done in accessory mode and with a power supported interface !!
I think that means I don’t need to know what the dealer has to do, and they don’t need to know either. As soon as they plug in then the computer will tell them what updates my bike has not yet received. If I understand that correctly then that’s great news, because my dealer said they don’t know anything about updating it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think that means I don’t need to know what the dealer has to do, and they don’t need to know either. As soon as they plug in then the computer will tell them what updates my bike has not yet received. If I understand that correctly then that’s great news, because my dealer said they don’t know anything about updating it.
Affirmative ! ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.