Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 65+ mph the bike feels like a tire is unbalanced, but this is not the problem. My dealer service person said they had two other people with pan ams complain about the same problem. Service does not know the cause. Does anyone have insight into this? The shaking is less if traction control is shut off and the bike is in some version of sport mode. But it is not a clean ride even then.

·
Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
67 Posts
At 65+ mph the bike feels like a tire is unbalanced, but this is not the problem. My dealer service person said they had two other people with pan ams complain about the same problem. Service does not know the cause. Does anyone have insight into this? The shaking is less if traction control is shut off and the bike is in some version of sport mode. But it is not a clean ride even then.
Sorry to hear and first I heard of it, granted that doesn't mean much. I've cruised for several miles at 65, 70 and 75ish depending on limit and I had nothing but a nice smooth ride. Believe I was in highway/street mode and my traction on. And I've played around in sport mode but didn't put alot miles on at that time. As of ~1500 miles on mine been great.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a similar experience with another bike that I owned. New tire, balanced everything looked good, but it felt like an out of balanced tire every time I hit 45+. Turned out that the tire did not seat itself properly when inflated. I’d suggest that you deflate the tire and do the process over again. May have to up the psi a little the.first time. Bead has to seat .

my PAS is silky smooth at all speeds and all modes. 4,500 miles so far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a similar experience with another bike that I owned. New tire, balanced everything looked good, but it felt like an out of balanced tire every time I hit 45+. Turned out that the tire did not seat itself properly when inflated. I’d suggest that you deflate the tire and do the process over again. May have to up the psi a little the.first time. Bead has to seat .

my PAS is silky smooth at all speeds and all modes. 4,500 miles so far.
Thanks for input. Will try that. As of yesterday, I am having no trouble in clean S mode, or clean S with engine braking -1. I think there may be something a bit off somewhere on the bike and traction control in D mode or the "balanced" suspension-damping I was using in custom mode magnified that. In S mode it's a dream bike. Also terrific in off-road mode on dirt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to hear and first I heard of it, granted that doesn't mean much. I've cruised for several miles at 65, 70 and 75ish depending on limit and I had nothing but a nice smooth ride. Believe I was in highway/street mode and my traction on. And I've played around in sport mode but didn't put alot miles on at that time. As of ~1500 miles on mine been great.
I have discovered the PA really comes alive in S mode or S mode engine braking -1. S traction, S suspension damping. I use 5th gear up to 65-75 and all feels good. I do think there may be a minor imbalance magnified by traction control in other modes. Thanks for your input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts