Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having issues with their Bluetooth headsets? I've tried two different ones (one HD) and they either randomly drop 20 minutes into the ride, or just won't connect once the bike is running. On ACC they connect fine 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
230 Posts
Is anyone having issues with their Bluetooth headsets? I've tried two different ones (one HD) and they either randomly drop 20 minutes into the ride, or just won't connect once the bike is running. On ACC they connect fine 🤷‍♂️
Here's my experience/how it's worked for me.
I currently have (in market for new one) a Bilt helmet with sena BT headset already on it/installed when I bought it.

So I turn on BT on my cell, then helmet and then the bike. Then they all connected and able to utilize the controls on the bike.
Oh I did (first time) pair them thru bike and now when turn all three on they connect.
I have not had any issues (dropping/disconnecting) only thing is the helmet headset volume is louder when paired to just my phone but I pair with bike so I have controls.
I use sirius xm for my listening pleasures.

So to answer question, no i have not and not sure what I can suggest to help but hope you get it figured out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Generally I've had little to no issues pairing my iPhone 12, H-D branded Sena 30k and 22 PAS. One time my bike wouldn't find my headset even though they are pre paired so I turned the bike on and off and it worked flawlessly again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here's my experience/how it's worked for me.
I currently have (in market for new one) a Bilt helmet with sena BT headset already on it/installed when I bought it.

So I turn on BT on my cell, then helmet and then the bike. Then they all connected and able to utilize the controls on the bike.
Oh I did (first time) pair them thru bike and now when turn all three on they connect.
I have not had any issues (dropping/disconnecting) only thing is the helmet headset volume is louder when paired to just my phone but I pair with bike so I have controls.
I use sirius xm for my listening pleasures.

So to answer question, no i have not and not sure what I can suggest to help but hope you get it figured out.
I'm having the same problem with headset volume limited through the bike vs phone. With some wind noise, I have to turn it all the way up. My last trip I gave up on the hand controls for actually being able to hear the music.

As for AKKPan's issue. I wonder if the headset is swapping between the phone and the bike. One suggestion is un-paid the headset from the phone.

·
Registered
'22 PAS Vivid Black
20 Posts
are y'all turning up the volume on your phones once connected and playing music?(this is different than the volume up and down on the bike controls). I have found on Android and iOS that the volume defaults to around half each time it connects to the bike and needs to be increased. It's super loud for me, I cant hear wind noise at 80mph when listening to music from phone through bike to my cardo packtalk bold.

·
Registered
PAS RA1250S Deadwood Green Spokes & ARH
297 Posts
Have a Sena 5S and the connection is pretty reliable. My Android phone connects right up to my bike faultlessly, they got that bit right. Best to pair the phone first and the headset second, IIRC? Don't be afraid to delete and try again until it works reliably. If you haven't had the software updates available, anything is possible. :oops:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have issues with my 21 PA and my RUROC helmet (Shockwave Headset). What's the issue:
  • Pairing of the helmet and the bike works ok!
  • When connecting to the headset the headset would connect for a second and then disconnect again. There seems to be no stable connection between headset and bike possible.
  • The headset is only connected to the bike.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
PAS RA1250S Deadwood Green Spokes & ARH
297 Posts
I have issues with my 21 PA and my RUROC helmet (Shockwave Headset). What's the issue:
  • Pairing of the helmet and the bike works ok!
  • When connecting to the headset the headset would connect for a second and then disconnect again. There seems to be no stable connection between headset and bike possible.
  • The headset is only connected to the bike.
Any ideas?
Check your headset firmware is uptodate, delete all connections between bike headset and phone; repair your phone then the headset to the bike and see if that helps?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Cardo Packtalk and an iPhone 11 Pro. Both paired to the bike (iPhone as a phone, Cardo as a headset). I removed the app of my phone (was a suggestion on an other forum). The cardo is on the left side of my helmet, phone on the right side.

Still, some times the bluetooth connection fails, spotify holds back and i don't receive any audio. Even, when i turn my head to the left the connection gets worse... or even dropps.

Anyone a suggestion?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have same problem,sometimes my Samsung S20fe respond with google assistant, but mostly it slow with crackling sound or not responding. but my spotify music sound perfect. headset HD sena K30 v.3.3 connected directly to PAS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Generally I've had little to no issues pairing my iPhone 12, H-D branded Sena 30k and 22 PAS. One time my bike wouldn't find my headset even though they are pre paired so I turned the bike on and off and it worked flawlessly again.
I noticed you have aftermarket exhaust. (Can’t make out what it is) you are still able to listen to music over the noise ok?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts