Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Copy from another tread!

Not sure if this applies, but I was having issues with my iPhone and headset (Sean Mesh) when I had the phone connected to both the bike and the headset. It would work fine for a bit but then eventually, something would happen (either audio sounded garbled, controls wouldn't work, or it would just stop playing...). I deleted the pairings and then paired the phone only to the bike, and then paired the headset only to the bike. Now there are no issues and everything works fine. I've tested playing music, receiving navigation directions, making phone calls, using Siri and do not have any issues. Again, not sure if this would help, especially since yours is a Cardo but good luck figuring it out.

· Registered
35 Posts
Copy from another tread!

Not sure if this applies, but I was having issues with my iPhone and headset (Sean Mesh) when I had the phone connected to both the bike and the headset. It would work fine for a bit but then eventually, something would happen (either audio sounded garbled, controls wouldn't work, or it would just stop playing...). I deleted the pairings and then paired the phone only to the bike, and then paired the headset only to the bike. Now there are no issues and everything works fine. I've tested playing music, receiving navigation directions, making phone calls, using Siri and do not have any issues. Again, not sure if this would help, especially since yours is a Cardo but good luck figuring it out.
I got everything working paired separately to the motorcycle but the volume is so much lower with the bike. I turned it the whole way up and it's still super quiet and as soon as I unpair it from the bike and pair it straight to the phone it's nice and loud. It seems like the software on the bike is making the volume way low.

· Premium Member
98 Posts
Jumping into this conversation. I have the 30k in my road glide. It works on the PAS but very differently. The PAS paired with my headset after many tries. And my phone pairs with it automatically too. I can answer calls from the PAS controls but I cannot get to a screen that allows me to dial out. I'm SURE it's operator error. When bluetooth connection to the phone gets sketchy, it simply tries to reconnect automatically. Not so the PAS. I was using the harley app map (that's a whole other set of chains on this forum) and when I did get it to work I was golden for awhile and then when bluetooth got sketchy the system acted like it never saw a map before. I pulled over, plugged in a map on my phone with google maps and then stuck my phone back in my pocket. Google guided me back to my destination but relying on its voice commands only. While that was happening, I was controlling my spotify playlist on the PAS controls. SO I suppose what I'm saying is I'm going to keep trying to get this to work knowing we can only rely on bluetooth to date.

Reactions: Teodortuff

· Registered
9 Posts
I think it's important to delete phone directly Bluetooth pairing to sena/cardo before you pair to PA, first Phone to PA then the Cardo/Sena. And make sure HD app is updated to latest version and Operating system on phone ,maybe restart the phone.

· Registered
35 Posts
I think it's important to delete phone directly Bluetooth pairing to sena/cardo before you pair to PA, first Phone to PA then the Cardo/Sena. And make sure HD app is updated to latest version and Operating system on phone ,maybe restart the phone.
I have tried a couple of different pairing setups, but everyone with the headset directly to the motorcycle the volume is considerably lower, all controls work fine just have to max out volume to hear music and then on the road at speed it just not loud enough.

· Registered
35 Posts
So now everything appears to be working properly! Connection is solid, volume is nice and loud. I have my phone paired to the bike and the Cardo paired to the bike, I did find that there are a few different pairing options on the Cardo. Once it enters pairing mode, roll the scroll wheel to the pair to tft / bike setting. Not 100% sure that made the difference, but it's working and I'm afraid to undo it and try anything else!

· Premium Member
98 Posts
So now everything appears to be working properly! Connection is solid, volume is nice and loud. ... Not 100% sure that made the difference, but it's working and I'm afraid to undo it and try anything else!
Oddly my phone and my sena work perfect using the same phone and helmet with my bagger (using the boom system that is android auto friendly) and the PAS which is not Android Auto friendly. I'm still searching for a real GPS solution but at least everything is connected the way the MFG says it should. On the PAS I start the bike THEN turn on the sena headset. At least it's a step forward and I hear you @M|k€ I don't want to alter anything for fear of losing it!

Reactions: M|k€

· Registered
35 Posts
Oddly my phone and my sena work perfect using the same phone and helmet with my bagger (using the boom system that is android auto friendly) and the PAS which is not Android Auto friendly. I'm still searching for a real GPS solution but at least everything is connected the way the MFG says it should. On the PAS I start the bike THEN turn on the sena headset. At least it's a step forward and I hear you @M|k€ I don't want to alter anything for fear of losing it!
So sad but so true, went riding all day today and it worked GREAT! so I am just going to leave it as is and hope it keeps on working!!!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts