Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2021 Baja Orange / White Pan America Special
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(3 pics)
New Camel ADV BF-05 Big Bite footpegs rcvd and installed today. Much wider than stock.
OOS on the Camel website, I ordered new ones from Ebay, better price, but about the same after shipping.

· Registered
35 Posts
(3 pics)
New Camel ADV BF-05 Big Bite footpegs rcvd and installed today. Much wider than stock.
OOS on the Camel website, I ordered new ones from Ebay, better price, but about the same after shipping.

I installed them a couple weeks ago, 3,000 milers later, I can say they grip your boot like crazy! BTW, never had a dirt bike, so this is new to me....

· Premium Member
22 PAS, 13 Dyna Wideglide, 2001 Honda XR650R, 2007 KDX 220, 1994 ATK 604 E
151 Posts
Ive been looking at them......🤔🤔
Comparing to others, I keep coming back to these!

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

· Registered
35 Posts
Good thing I have a selfie stick with remote lol. Size 10 hiking boot for reference. You can loosen the bolt underneath and change the footpeg angle a bit too (I did not).

I don't think the ones you got are actual Camel ADV Products. The Camel foot pegs aren't adjustable. I'm sure what you got will work fine as well.

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think the ones you got are actual Camel ADV Products. The Camel foot pegs aren't adjustable. I'm sure what you got will work fine as well.

I did not actually try and loosen that bolt and see if the peg rotates any (only checked to ensure it was tight). There were some spare detent balls in the package as well. H-D OEM pegs in the pkg now....

• Helpful
Reactions: 71Romeo

· Registered
35 Posts

I did not actually try and loosen that bolt and see if the peg rotates any (only checked to ensure it was tight). There were some spare detent balls in the package as well. H-D OEM pegs in the pkg now....

That's weird. Mine aren't adjustable. So I checked the website and theirs aren't either. The ebay seller may be doing something sideways....

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's weird. Mine aren't adjustable. So I checked the website and theirs aren't either. The ebay seller may be doing something sideways....
Hmmm, I will email Camel support with pics and ask them if these are fakes or an either old or new design. I'm going to pull that bolt and see what it actually does as well.

Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Rim

Reactions: 71Romeo and knoxone

· Registered
35 Posts
Hmmm, I will email Camel support with pics and ask them if these are fakes or an either old or new design. I'm going to pull that bolt and see what it actually does as well.

View attachment 2760
I wish mine were adjustable :p On another weird note..... Initially, they sent me the wrong pegs, but with quick customer service they corrected it.

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wish mine were adjustable :p On another weird note..... Initially, they sent me the wrong pegs, but with quick customer service they corrected it.
Email sent to em lol. You would tilt your's forward I would assume? Now to go wrench and lose some detent balls possibly lol.

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes ,forward a little. Considering adjusting my shifter and brake peddle levers.
From Camel already:

"They look like real V1 pegs (which were adjustable). The V2 units are solid/one piece."

I've emailed em back to ask why the design change......

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Follow up email from Camel ADV:

"The adjustable version meant there were left and right; either peg could be used on either side. Also, we had planned on making highway peg mounts for the PA. Having the pegs be adjustable meant they could have been used in that application as well.
We didn’t end up making highway pegs and it was cheaper to make lefts and rights than the two piece units."

Reactions: knoxone

· Premium Member
2022 RA1250S
147 Posts
I too was not overly-thrilled with the stock pegs. Initially, I decided to see if my SW Motec pegs from my Multistrada fit. They did. It was a big improvement and I rolled those on the PA for about 6 months. I wanted to put them back on the Multi and decided to find a new set for the PA. Found these from Lonerider. (I already roll their motobag system)
Here is a couple of pics comparing the SW Motec to the lonerider.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Bumper
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Automotive lighting

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I too was not overly-thrilled with the stock pegs. Initially, I decided to see if my SW Motec pegs from my Multistrada fit. They did. It was a big improvement and I rolled those on the PA for about 6 months. I wanted to put them back on the Multi and decided to find a new set for the PA. Found these from Lonerider. (I already roll their motobag system)
Here is a couple of pics comparing the SW Motec to the lonerider.
I did look at those, but was unwilling to part with $299 + tax and shipping, lol. I paid $89.99 for the ones above (Ebay), they are $99.99 on the Camel website but were OOS there. Even better that I got V1 ones so I can adjust the forward angle.

Let us know how the LoneRiders work out for you!

Reactions: Sq51lacfd
1 - 20 of 23 Posts