Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd say for the people new to center stands like myself! It's all about body weight and technique NOT force or manhandling.馃榿 First time or two it was frustrating to me getting it on stand but once I realized it's more your body weight it's nice and smooth now. Just my .02.

Registered
Just thought I'd say for the people new to center stands like myself! It's all about body weight and technique NOT force or manhandling.馃榿 First time or two it was frustrating to me getting it on stand but once I realized it's more your body weight it's nice and smooth now. Just my .02.
Same here. I was trying to maneuver the bike instead of just standing on the Center Stand and letting it do the work with my weight. Not sure if it is because I am short, but getting off the stand the first couple times whacked me in the knee.

Registered
Same here. I was trying to maneuver the bike instead of just standing on the Center Stand and letting it do the work with my weight. Not sure if it is because I am short, but getting off the stand the first couple times whacked me in the knee.
Ron if you wheel the back wheel onto a thin bit of board, wood etc then lifting it onto the centre stand is even even easier

Registered
Lol don't leave the side stand down when putting it on the center lol 馃槀
I can see that you can鈥檛 retract the side stand when on the centre stand but IMHO that鈥檚 not a bad thing, I always like to have the side stand down when taking the bike off the centre stand so that I can allow it to lean over once it drops down.

Registered
I can see that you can鈥檛 retract the side stand when on the centre stand but IMHO that鈥檚 not a bad thing, I always like to have the side stand down when taking the bike off the centre stand so that I can allow it to lean over once it drops down.
I鈥檝e not tried this on the PAS so may just be me being overly concerned. I know the side stand bolts to the engine crank case so might not the the best idea having it thump the floor each time you drop it of the main stand. Im sure HD would of strengthened that area knowing it would get hit.

As I鈥檝e not got one yet I could be completely wrong.

Registered
I鈥檝e not tried this on the PAS so may just be me being overly concerned. I know the side stand bolts to the engine crank case so might not the the best idea having it thump the floor each time you drop it of the main stand. Im sure HD would of strengthened that area knowing it would get hit.

As I鈥檝e not got one yet I could be completely wrong.
Mine hasn鈥檛 done that yet but I don鈥檛 have the ARH model. Agree it wouldn鈥檛 be satisfactory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts