Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd say for the people new to center stands like myself! It's all about body weight and technique NOT force or manhandling.😁 First time or two it was frustrating to me getting it on stand but once I realized it's more your body weight it's nice and smooth now. Just my .02.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just thought I'd say for the people new to center stands like myself! It's all about body weight and technique NOT force or manhandling.😁 First time or two it was frustrating to me getting it on stand but once I realized it's more your body weight it's nice and smooth now. Just my .02.
Same here. I was trying to maneuver the bike instead of just standing on the Center Stand and letting it do the work with my weight. Not sure if it is because I am short, but getting off the stand the first couple times whacked me in the knee.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Same here. I was trying to maneuver the bike instead of just standing on the Center Stand and letting it do the work with my weight. Not sure if it is because I am short, but getting off the stand the first couple times whacked me in the knee.
Ron if you wheel the back wheel onto a thin bit of board, wood etc then lifting it onto the centre stand is even even easier

·
Registered
58 Posts
Lol don't leave the side stand down when putting it on the center lol 😂
I can see that you can’t retract the side stand when on the centre stand but IMHO that’s not a bad thing, I always like to have the side stand down when taking the bike off the centre stand so that I can allow it to lean over once it drops down.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I can see that you can’t retract the side stand when on the centre stand but IMHO that’s not a bad thing, I always like to have the side stand down when taking the bike off the centre stand so that I can allow it to lean over once it drops down.
I’ve not tried this on the PAS so may just be me being overly concerned. I know the side stand bolts to the engine crank case so might not the the best idea having it thump the floor each time you drop it of the main stand. Im sure HD would of strengthened that area knowing it would get hit.

As I’ve not got one yet I could be completely wrong.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I’ve not tried this on the PAS so may just be me being overly concerned. I know the side stand bolts to the engine crank case so might not the the best idea having it thump the floor each time you drop it of the main stand. Im sure HD would of strengthened that area knowing it would get hit.

Mine hasn’t done that yet but I don’t have the ARH model. Agree it wouldn’t be satisfactory.

·
Registered
2021 Baja Orange / White Pan America Special
64 Posts

When you roll it forward off of the centre stand the bike is upright, the side stand doesn't even come close to hitting the floor👍

Reactions: Dirtglide
1 - 8 of 8 Posts