Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is recommended to oil the chain every 600 miles.
I do it more often and i found out that the oil/grease ends up behind the plastic cover on the front sprocket.
When i removed the plastic cover the build up of dirt/grease/sand/leaves was so thick that the chain run trough it and never stayed clean.
A good practice is to remove the 3 screws and the plastic cover and clean out the dirt every time you oil and clean the chain, especially if you go off-road a lot.
Thanx for creating this forum.
Stay safe!
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Plant
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
48 Posts
It is recommended to oil the chain every 600 miles.
I do it more often and i found out that the oil/grease ends up behind the plastic cover on the front sprocket.
When i removed the plastic cover the build up of dirt/grease/sand/leaves was so thick that the chain run trough it and never stayed clean.
A good practice is to remove the 3 screws and the plastic cover and clean out the dirt every time you oil and clean the chain, especially if you go off-road a lot.
Thanx for creating this forum.
Stay safe! View attachment 843 View attachment 844 View attachment 845 View attachment 846
Thanks for the heads up @powerwagon4me and welcome to the forum! How often do you take the Pan America off road compared to on road?

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Plus 1!☝

I would also like to know, how them bottle holders are fastened/connected to the panniers? I like! I.e did you haveta drill holes and use screws/bolts or ???.
Thanks.
Purchased from SW.Motech.US, same company that make our panniers, you have to drill four 5,5 mm holes and deburr them, they rattle a bit at speed, i had to put gorilla duck tape on the mating side, that made them tight and they do not move around.

·
Registered
2022 Pan America Special
20 Posts
I just got my PAS a week ago this past Saturday. Loving it. I haven't had a bike with a chain since my first bike back in 1978. What is a good cleaning solution and chain lube?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts