Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did my 1000 mile oil change. I started my bike up and let it run to check for leaks, no leaks. I woke up the morning to ride to work I had the little triangle with the explanation point in the middle and the check engine light was on. Oil level was good when I got to work and checked. I went back out to the bike to look things over no leaks at the filter/ drain plug. I started the bike to see if the light were still present and the triangle one was gone but the check engine was still there. Anyone have any ideas? thanks in advance,

·
Registered
22 Posts
The triangle warning light will come on for so many things I wouldn’t even worry. Leave the bike 10 mins and it’ll go off, from my experience 7000km on an 11 week old 22 PAS, it’s usually from low voltage when starting and it throws random codes.

I would advise checking if there’s any weeping of oil from the oil pressure sensor on the LH side, mine leaked after 3 days and was replaced under warranty no questions asked.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did my 1000 mile oil change. I started my bike up and let it run to check for leaks, no leaks. I woke up the morning to ride to work I had the little triangle with the explanation point in the middle and the check engine light was on. Oil level was good when I got to work and checked. I went back out to the bike to look things over no leaks at the filter/ drain plug. I started the bike to see if the light were still present and the triangle one was gone but the check engine was still there. Anyone have any ideas? thanks in advance,
The triangle comes on if the battery is low. The bike doesn't have the juice to change from mode to mode. Put the bike on a battery tender and it should go away.
I spoke with my HD tech yesterday and complained that the bike has a hard time starting if I don't ride it for awhile, or if I just take short trips. His comment was that the bike has tons of electrical functions and will draw down the battery. He suggests that when not in use, plug it in a battery tender.

·
Registered
PAS RA1250S Deadwood Green Spokes & ARH
244 Posts
I use one of these for the cages and the PAS. Great bit of kit which plugs right into the bike.

I also cleaned and retightened the battery terminal connections a while back and since then the battery holds its charge much better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts