Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm not in a position to offer tech advice on adjusting the clutch apart from the manual and taking it to you dealer, but I do have some questions if you don't mind elaborating.

Can you describe in some more detail what the bike did when you felt the clutch slipping? Is it anything like limp-mode? I've experienced that after a few hours of hard highway riding -it required a cool-down and a restart to get out of limp-mode. Dealer couldn't find anything wrong with the bike otherwise. The difference being low-rev vs. the high rev and low power output I would associate with a slipping clutch.

In your case, did you smell or hear the clutch slipping/burning? How long did it the condition persist and has your dealer weighed in yet?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also had this problem right off the dealer lot but also knew the clutch was out of adjustment the moment I pulled out of the parking lot. Clutch didn't engage until almost full release of the lever. Just adjust the cable knob right at the lever into a natural position and hopefully that will have you fixed right up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Could u please post a link to that online service manual?
Just go to the H-D app and you should find your bike listed. Select the bike and you should see manuals. The operators manual is free, the interactive service manual has a fee. Attached is a procedure posted on one of the PAS websites

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts