Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day!
I hope everyone has had an awesome Christmas. I’m reaching out to the keyboard commandos for answers. Im a straight shooter, Army Veteran, and motorcycle lover. I love adv riding.
currently in my stable is the following
Honda Africa Twin
Honda 300L
Yamaha Bolt 900
Honda 250 L
Harley Pan America

NOTE: Red Rock Harley Davidson is awesome

Tempanogos Harley on the other hand not so much. Now my issue is I don’t want to own. Motorcycle where the culture is racist. Now I’m no snow flake. But they are working on my bike. Safety first. Yes I’m mixed race. I have always been thought that harley is associated with racist and gangs. Did I make. Mistake buying a Harley.? Or should I say screw it and drive back to Vegas when I need service?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good day!
I hope everyone has had an awesome Christmas. I’m reaching out to the keyboard commandos for answers. Im a straight shooter, Army Veteran, and motorcycle lover. I love adv riding.
currently in my stable is the following
Honda Africa Twin
Honda 300L
Yamaha Bolt 900
Honda 250 L
Harley Pan America

NOTE: Red Rock Harley Davidson is awesome

Tempanogos Harley on the other hand not so much. Now my issue is I don’t want to own. Motorcycle where the culture is racist. Now I’m no snow flake. But they are working on my bike. Safety first. Yes I’m mixed race. I have always been thought that harley is associated with racist and gangs. Did I make. Mistake buying a Harley.? Or should I say screw it and drive back to Vegas when I need service?
Harley is not associated with racists and gangs (Clubs). Any stereotype of that sort really has no clue about Clubs, first off, most Clubs don't have a mandate you ride a Harley which immediately disconnects that theory. Secondly, most Clubs are not racists, there are a few extremist Clubs that set this tone, but that is not the norm.

As for the brand being a racist brand, this is total BS and this is certainly your local dealer. Any retail front can have shitty customer service, racists bias or just plan idiots working there. If you really feel there is a bias against your race you should take it up with the MoCo. They take that stuff pretty seriously since they have been trying to change their clientele to pull in a more diverse crowd. As a matter of fact, if you do a quick search HD has cut ties with a couple dealers for this very reason.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update:
Poor customer service.
They took my bike logged it in their system. And put it in storage. They never scheduled it to be fixed.
They said the parts would be in on the 22nd of December, which never got ordered. Nor did they attempt to schedule the ecu updates which could have been done by now. How did I find this all out. I have a buddy that knows the owner. I also pulled a reverse race card. I phoned a white friend. So now I’ve been pushed back to January 7th 2022.
will see if any thing gets done. This has to be the worst dealership experience I’ve had dealing with motorcycles.

So much for buying a slice of America.
Note: This is my first Harley and may be my last.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Update:
Poor customer service.
They took my bike logged it in their system. And put it in storage. They never scheduled it to be fixed.
They said the parts would be in on the 22nd of December, which never got ordered. Nor did they attempt to schedule the ecu updates which could have been done by now. How did I find this all out. I have a buddy that knows the owner. I also pulled a reverse race card. I phoned a white friend. So now I’ve been pushed back to January 7th 2022.
will see if any thing gets done. This has to be the worst dealership experience I’ve had dealing with motorcycles.

So much for buying a slice of America.
Note: This is my first Harley and may be my last.
That sucks. Get you bike out of their hands and take the drive to a better place. I did a quick Google review and they get 4 and 5 stars for the Sales and Store in general, but when you look closely, all of the service reviews are less than 3 stars and always an issue. Good luck man, I hope you can get it back in order and enjoy the bike. They are a blast and I would hate to see someone not enjoy a great ride due to some shitheads in a service department.

·
Registered
2021 Baja Orange / White Pan America Special
93 Posts
Hope you can get it sorted out man, sorry to hear about that type of experience. Truly not what the brand is supposed to represent and with a couple of rides I'm sure you'll love the bike despite of some ignorance with that dealer.
Peace, and ride safe 🙏✌

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.