Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
PAS RA1250S Deadwood Green Spokes & ARH
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't ridden without them for the last, more years than I care to remember now, but always glad I did, riding without them is scary loud and that's wearing one of the quietest helmets I've ever worn, a humble Schuberth C4 Basic. Ear plugs are also the best ear cleaners ever. Remember one time, I put one ear plug on top of another ear plug mistakenly, in my right ear and pushed the first plug so far in; the wife had to remove it at the roadside with a pair of thankfully, thin nose, pliers from the bikes toolkit. Nurse! I kid you not. :oops:

Went to the box of ear plugs we've been using for ages and it's nearly empty. Time for a new box, we use Moldex Pura-Fit Ear Plugs 7700 (Box Of 200), less than 2pence a pair, bloody brilliant things and don't worry, I can still hear around me fine while plugged lol.

What ear/hearing defence is your weapon of choice? Pardon
👂

·
Registered
23 Posts
After more than 35 years of riding, I wish I'd been aware of the hearing loss associated with motorcycles. As a young man, I often had bikes with 4 into 1 exhaust, dirt bikes, and worked in a high noise environment. I'm the last generation to do so before OSHA placed mandatory hearing protection in place in more places than not.
Today, my ears ring terribly if I ride even 20 miles on any bike. (wind noise). Thankfully, helmet technology and built-in speakers keep me comfortable.
Screw that loud exhaust shit. I enjoy my music and two way communication to enhance the ride these days. To all you young folks.....protect your hearing. Learn from all of us older and more deaf folks. You can thank me with a bottle of Jim Beam when you see me next.:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts