Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner

Engine Error Codes

21K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  p5pjc5 
#1 ·
Found this on another forum. Thought it might come in handy for those who’s bike are registering error codes.

Attachments

#2 ·
So, today I had P005000C show up in my diagnostic panel. The code means "HO2S pre catalyst rear cylinder heater control circuit open." As hot as these things get, there is a pre-heater? Crazy right? I'll have to dig into it to see if I can figure out if something is disconnected.

#3 ·
Hi

this is not a pre-heater. This is the heating circuit of the O2 sensor pre catalytic converter… in cars they measure the o2 pre and post the catalytic converter, this allows them to determine the efficiency of the cat, and of course if it has been decat’d - i doubt the Pan-Am has post CAT sensors.. most bikes just have pre CAT sensors.. some (most) have it in the exhaust port of each cylinder but some use only one and they fot it in the section of exhaust after the pipes from each cylinder combine.. but that makes detecting issues with the individuals cylinder at fault more difficult

ok back to your issue.. the heating circuit either had 12v on it or not.. so might be a wiring issue - check wires for chaffing and check connectors

Hope it helps…

#4 ·
Did the person ever discover the exact issue? I was ripping my 22 on the hwy and down shifted into 5 to rocket off back into 6th aftet splitting cars to get open road and when i went to shift it didnt go into 6th at that moment and i felt something mis align in a sense and then i tried again after the RPM's decreased and the engine light turned on and upon restarting the bike it is still showing the icon. I guess to the shop it goes now..... the bike is fun but i feel they should had just put a croch rocket engine in the bike because it is thay smooth of a ride the engine in it now just seams like a gxr harley hybrid

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.