Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else getting the error codes P110000C, P179200C, and C110000C? I know what they are and the P179 clears every time after the bike is running for a few miles and the 1100 codes reset every time you restart the engine but not while you are riding. I have taken it back to the dealership and ran the latest updates. The codes cleared for a couple of days but are back in again. The P179 locks the VVT so it acts like it is in rain mode. The dealership is more than willing to take the bike back in and do more diagnostics on the bike but I am really enjoying riding it. Just wanted to share to see if anyone else had this problem and how it was resolved.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone else getting the error codes P110000C, P179200C, and C110000C? I know what they are and the P179 clears every time after the bike is running for a few miles and the 1100 codes reset every time you restart the engine but not while you are riding. I have taken it back to the dealership and ran the latest updates. The codes cleared for a couple of days but are back in again. The P179 locks the VVT so it acts like it is in rain mode. The dealership is more than willing to take the bike back in and do more diagnostics on the bike but I am really enjoying riding it. Just wanted to share to see if anyone else had this problem and how it was resolved.
Sorry my friend, I have not experienced this issue, nor have I heard of it. Maybe some more TLC at the dealership is the best idea. Best of luck and please post the outcome when she’s no longer generating those codes.
Happy trails!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Tim, having the same faults . everything ok during brake in then these.
P110000 572 ABS/EHCU indicates torque control fault Serial Data → NO VEHICLE POWER OR LOST COMMUNICATION DTCS
P179000 842 VVT control solenoid front exhaust circuit open Engine Management → VVT DIAGNOSTIC
P179700 847 VVT control solenoid rear intake circuit shorted to ground Engine Management → VVT DIAGNOSTICS
P180000 848 VVT control solenoid rear exhaust circuit open Engine Management → VVT DIAGNOSTICS
C110000 595 Traction control fault indicated by ECM/VSC ABS → IMU DIAGNOSTICS
B217511 823 VVT power circuit shorted ground Engine Management → VVT DIAGNOSTICS
Notified dealer & before 1k service, new update applied & all faults removed. Bike taken on test ride by tech only 200ft before all the same codes came back, now waiting on Harley to reply to techs email.
Has yours been resolved yet?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Tim, having the same faults . everything ok during brake in then these.
P110000 572 ABS/EHCU indicates torque control fault Serial Data → NO VEHICLE POWER OR LOST COMMUNICATION DTCS
P179000 842 VVT control solenoid front exhaust circuit open Engine Management → VVT DIAGNOSTIC
P179700 847 VVT control solenoid rear intake circuit shorted to ground Engine Management → VVT DIAGNOSTICS
P180000 848 VVT control solenoid rear exhaust circuit open Engine Management → VVT DIAGNOSTICS
C110000 595 Traction control fault indicated by ECM/VSC ABS → IMU DIAGNOSTICS
B217511 823 VVT power circuit shorted ground Engine Management → VVT DIAGNOSTICS
Notified dealer & before 1k service, new update applied & all faults removed. Bike taken on test ride by tech only 200ft before all the same codes came back, now waiting on Harley to reply to techs email.
Has yours been resolved yet?
Nope, they ran all the latest updates on it and like your they all came back in before I left the dealership. I rode it all day in the rain yesterday and that seem to make it worse. The P179700 847 would usually come in and then reset and stay reset. But in the rain I never could get it reset. I have another appointment on Tuesday to get it checked again. The tech said he was going to call HD once my bike was back in. Will let you know if they find anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nope, they ran all the latest updates on it and like your they all came back in before I left the dealership. I rode it all day in the rain yesterday and that seem to make it worse. The P179700 847 would usually come in and then reset and stay reset. But in the rain I never could get it reset. I have another appointment on Tuesday to get it checked again. The tech said he was going to call HD once my bike was back in. Will let you know if they find anything.
Cheers , going to ring dealer Tuesday & get the to collect it . Not fit for purpose , today left my house didn't get to the main road before nine fault cleared then 5 faults cleared the 4 faults. I did see a video of someone who said he had issues with the the plugs from the vvt to the ecm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Tim , any news on the fix
Hi Tim , any news on a fix . My bike is been collected 23rd, just asking so I can give the tech the heads-up. Cheers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is at the dealership now. They have been in contact with HD tech support. The suspect a faulty VVT feedback signal but are still investigating. Will keep everyone updated when done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same 3 codes, after 3 weeks in the shop and a new wiring harness a 25 mile ride it went into limp mode. I guess it is back to the shop. Before there was about 9 codes so I guess we are getting somewhere.
I hope to ride soon owned it about 6 weeks been in the shop 3 of them weeks, I know it will be fixed just missed riding Tellico Plains because of being in the shop. I live here so I can ride more when it is fixed.
Need to go to Florida but not in limp mode.

·
Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
104 Posts
Hate hearing that and hopefully it'll get squared away so you can ride without issues. Off key: spent a day/camped at telico plains during a week trip while riding down that area. Very nice and looking forward to it on my new PA!

·
Registered
Pan America Spezial
100 Posts
An Info to the Error Codes.
Don't dos:
If you switch the motor off and you are still rolling, all sensors getting wrong Signal. Then a lot of Error Codes come up.

Better turn the Bike off when it totaly stopped.

Just a hint

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same 3 codes, after 3 weeks in the shop and a new wiring harness a 25 mile ride it went into limp mode. I guess it is back to the shop. Before there was about 9 codes so I guess we are getting somewhere.
I hope to ride soon owned it about 6 weeks been in the shop 3 of them weeks, I know it will be fixed just missed riding Tellico Plains because of being in the shop. I live here so I can ride more when it is fixed.
Hi, did it come up with the same codes as before the new wiring? .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mike,
The HD tech recommended the same fix for my bike. So, they are sending a wiring harness to the dealership to change it out. I mentioned your situation and they said that they have had several situations with the harness and that is the first step to correcting the problems. I am thinking they are parts changing until it doesn't happen anymore. Will update you when it is corrected.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mike,
The HD tech recommended the same fix for my bike. So, they are sending a wiring harness to the dealership to change it out. I mentioned your situation and they said that they have had several situations with the harness and that is the first step to correcting the problems. I am thinking they are parts changing until it doesn't happen anymore. Will update you when it is corrected.
Thanks Tim, just notified the tech he came to the same conclusion. He was told to unwrap part of the harness, all sorts of splicing & soldering. Waiting on reply from HD, now & I believe it will be a new harness as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts