Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Currently in this same boat. 2022 PAS 5,9XX miles. Bike went into limp home mode during rush hour traffic in Dallas. Tried to reset, did a visual inspection and my hunch is the solenoid has gone bad (two days in the shop, and you'd figure they'd of called for a busted wire by now)

Error codes
P011900C - ECT sensor circuit intermittent
P011B00C - ECT-IAT sensor correlation error
P179500C/P - VVT control solenoid rear intake circuit open (went from a C to a P after reset)
U228700H - Invalid data from BCM
B231156H - ABS/ECM ride mode configuration invalid (in road mode when limp home mode activated)

Curious to see if the 975 nightster engine uses the same solenoids/VVT or if they were updated. I also feel the harnesses on these bikes is too short especially on mine around the radiator fan.

·
Registered
63 Posts
2022 Pan America Special, 750 miles

2nd time in shop, both went into limp mode, codes:

P179000P
P001200H
P110000H
July, 2022——Harley shop put a new solenoid in

Sept, 2022 ——Harley shop putting in new solenoid for cam

what I am hearing in this forum is ultimately the root cause is related to the wiring. Any suggestions on how I can get Harley corporate involved so that I dont have to keep getting solenoids replaced? Thanks!
Best thing to do for corporate is to just call them and say hey I bought this lemon and the dealership cant get the fix right. I think youd be well within reason to request the dealership to replace the wiring harness or tell the service manager the wire for the VVT needs to be checked for continuity / resistance, on mine the wire was pinched when the cover was put on (then they installed a bum software update, go figure). Best of luck and let us know what they find if anything!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts