Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’m experiencing numerous faults as well. I took the bike in for the recall and to check the faults. The dealer did the recall and cleared the faults. When I came in to pick up my bike, I had NINE new faults….
Are they the same codes? , Mine started after 500 miles & would go into limp mode every 40-50 miles . Would clear then return just as you was overtaking, got to the point that it now dose it before I get to the main road & is unrideable. Now been at deal waiting on new harness for over month, hopefully now the holidays are over it will be sorted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’m experiencing numerous faults as well. I took the bike in for the recall and to check the faults. The dealer did the recall and cleared the faults. When I came in to pick up my bike, I had NINE new faults….
Are they the same codes? , Mine started after 500 miles & would go into limp mode every 40-50 miles . Would clear then return just as you was overtaking, got to the point that it now dose it before I get to the main road & is unrideable. Now been at deal waiting on new harness for over month, hopefully now the holidays are over it will be sorted

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Are they the same codes? , Mine started after 500 miles & would go into limp mode every 40-50 miles . Would clear then return just as you was overtaking, got to the point that it now dose it before I get to the main road & is unrideable. Now been at deal waiting on new harness for over month, hopefully now the holidays are over it will be sorted.
Wow, a month!!!! Make sure your service writer is marking it unable to ride and going to through HD tech support. If they go through HD tech support and deam it unable to ride they will over night the harness to the dealership. If they just ordered it as a replacement part you are at the mercy of the normal parts shipping and handling. We all know how that has gone with the Pan AM. So far, with about 2000 miles since the change out I have not had any fault codes come in. I know I just jinx myself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow, a month!!!! Make sure your service writer is marking it unable to ride and going to through HD tech support. If they go through HD tech support and deam it unable to ride they will over night the harness to the dealership. If they just ordered it as a replacement part you are at the mercy of the normal parts shipping and handling. We all know how that has gone with the Pan AM. So far, with about 2000 miles since the change out I have not had any fault codes come in. I know I just jinx myself.
Hi Tim , I am in the UK stuff ordered has to go the EU first (Belgium) then UK. Same with all bikes, because we the UK left the EU its all so slow. Good to her your bike is still fault free.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi Tim , I am in the UK stuff ordered has to go the EU first (Belgium) then UK. Same with all bikes, because we the UK left the EU its all so slow. Good to her your bike is still fault free.
Sorry,
Didn't realize you were in the UK. Good luck and hopefully it fixes your pick as well. Ride Smart

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well two months on and not sorted yet, called in on the dealer Saturday. They have received the two solinoid cables but not the engine harness, hopefully this month. If not they will dismantle a new pan standard for the cable. So I understand it's a batch of cables, as all theses are barcoded. Tech informed me of cables that have been stretched to the point only a single strand of wire is left. Been a f__kup since I ordered the bike in late April 2021, bike arrived late July without the ordered ARH then this one late October. Dealer had it more than me now. Love the bike well the four hour demo I had was great, was expecting the same from my own bike. At least it looks like it will be fixed going by you guys. Will report when sorted ,cheers PS live in the UK can't get bikes can't get parts ? What a shit hole!!💩

21 - 27 of 27 Posts