Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went with the Two Brothers Racing exhaust. These steps will be the same for any exhaust replacement that gets rid of the resonator. Please note, I am not great at remember to take step by step pics once I get in to something, but hopefully these will help.

I removed the brake pin and slid it out of the way thinking It would be enough room to get to the Clamp bolt on the resonator. It was not so you may not need to do this, however, without completely removing the Center Stand Bracket, you will be putting some tension on the bracket where this connects and might be safer to do so to prevent any bending of the light parts.

As noted, The Center Stand bracket, which everything connects to is in the way of the clamp bolt and a top bolt on the resonator (This bolt was not mentioned in the TBR Exhaust removal). The Resonator also has a hanger, I thought this was the hold up until I found the unmentioned top bolt. I refused to remove everything, so I removed the 2 main bolts and it pushed back enough to get to the bolts. There was some center stand movement I had to do to persuade the movement and well as to pull the resonator out. ADDITION, This work needs to be done on the Jiffy stand, not the Center stand since you are removing one side of the brackets that support it.

Once the Resonator was out, I put in the TBR extension pipe, slide on the Slip On and Bracket, straightened everything out and tightened all of the connections. Wiped everything down and fired it up, Done Deal. I proceeded to reconnect the Center Stand bracket and the brake... easy peasy. Looks great and sounds great. I think the weight difference from stock is estimated to be 7 lbs. lighter.

Once it was all together, I took it around the block and smoke was rolling out of the slip on. Do not concern yourself, the bike is not on fire, LOL. That is the packing and oils they put in the can. It will stop smoking after a few runs, until then it will look like you rans the balls off of it getting where you are going (Smoking Video 20211021_175841.mp4).

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How loud is it? I'm looking at doing mine, but don't want it to be too obnoxious
I added a couple Videos of the end result to a different Thread here:

Overall, it is just a little deeper idling and cruising, slightly louder. You definitely get much louder when you get in to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts