Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2022 Pan America Special
40 Posts
I was quoted a few thousand for 3 years. Seems like you're paying for the first repair if needed up front. I would shop around for a reputable company . Sometimes your auto insurance company may sell them. I also know that the prices vary from dealership to dealership.

· Registered
142 Posts
I'm going to go for the extended HD warranty, not an aftermarket one. I do my own maintenance, so the dealer service department does not see the bike except for problems and they have taken good care of me so far. So I will buy it from them and hope the relationship continues.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to go for the extended HD warranty, not an aftermarket one. I do my own maintenance, so the dealer service department does not see the bike except for problems and they have taken good care of me so far. So I will buy it from them and hope the relationship continues.
I also have a good relationship with my service people (not so much with sales). I agree it probably is best to go with the dealer you get your service from. Do you have any idea what the plans are and what they cost? I paid $1,000 for a good five-year extended warranty for my Honda but expect HD will be more.

· Registered
142 Posts
I also have a good relationship with my service people (not so much with sales). I agree it probably is best to go with the dealer you get your service from. Do you have any idea what the plans are and what they cost? I paid $1,000 for a good five-year extended warranty for my Honda but expect HD will be more.
I'm sure it's going to cost a lot more than a grand. Plus I'm also looking to do the tire and wheel coverage, picking up to many nails from hurricane Ian storm damage where I live.

· Premium Member
107 Posts
Unsure of cost but I feel there is no choice in the matter. I've had my PA 14 months its been in to the dealer for one thing or another 5 times as of yesterday. This time around, broke down and pushed home. bad crank sensor. I don't think we can own these bikes without a warranty. 10K on the bike now.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unsure of cost but I feel there is no choice in the matter. I've had my PA 14 months its been in to the dealer for one thing or another 5 times as of yesterday. This time around, broke down and pushed home. bad crank sensor. I don't think we can own these bikes without a warranty. 10K on the bike now.
You are right. My experience is similar to yours. Hope someone can provide info on pricing. My dealer's service department is excellent, so there is that.

· Premium Member
103 Posts
I just bought a 2023 special last Saturday, I have not taken delivery yet. The 5 year extended warranty with wheel and tire coverage was $2500. I am in Northern Illinois.
Same here. I closed the deal 12/29/2022 on the GI Enthusiast PAS. Southern California..
PS - I had the same coverage (including the Tires/Wheels) on my 21 Road Glide and 5 months ago I must have plowed over something big enough to damage the wheel but not big enough for me to notice (? I know, clearly an OPERATOR ERROR) but in any event, the T/W coverage replaced the wheel and the new tire for no cost including service. That was at least $1500 If I had to go out of pocket and the coverage lasts for a few more years....so I did the same with my PAS.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Same here. I closed the deal 12/29/2022 on the GI Enthusiast PAS. Southern California..
PS - I had the same coverage (including the Tires/Wheels) on my 21 Road Glide and 5 months ago I must have plowed over something big enough to damage the wheel but not big enough for me to notice (? I know, clearly an OPERATOR ERROR) but in any event, the T/W coverage replaced the wheel and the new tire for no cost including service. That was at least $1500 If I had to go out of pocket and the coverage lasts for a few more years....so I did the same with my PAS.
Makes good sense. Thanks for the input. Enjoy that new bike! I used to live in SoCal. Miss going over the mountains into to the desert...

· Premium Member
22 PAS, 13 Dyna Wideglide, 2001 Honda XR650R, 2007 KDX 220, 1994 ATK 604 E
77 Posts
Im going to pitch this one!
So, new to the PAS, not to the HD.
As for the extended warranty, my experience has been a total win!
I bought a 2017 Road Glide special and had a shit ton of work done, in 2017. When I say a shit ton, I mean the parts were in the shop, but couldn't be installed by the dealer until Kulifornia approved them. (I dont live in Kulifornia, and bought my bike in Tx) but after all the Bull Schite, and 14k miles, my bike sucked a valve, and $10,000 worth of damage was covered.......at no cost to me!.....that was the first motor. 😎
So, at 47k miles and the 3rd motor...still under the extended warranty.....I was done. I found the PAS and damn right, I bought the extended warranty. And the maintenance deal.....and the tire and rim deal.
Just my experience!
That's me on top. And my ugly mug
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Handwriting Gesture Font Beard T-shirt

· Registered
11 Posts
Do you have the option to purchase extended warranty prior to factory warranty expiring? I have never purchased a extended warranty on any bike I’ve bought but I’m thinking I should with my 21 Pan American special. I have had it in dealership 3 different times so far. I don’t really trust it to take on long trips. I have no such reservations on my Road King.

· Premium Member
22 PAS, 13 Dyna Wideglide, 2001 Honda XR650R, 2007 KDX 220, 1994 ATK 604 E
77 Posts
Your dealer should be able to do that, my first motor was on the factory warranty, after that, I got the extended warranty.
I purchased the full extended warranty, tire and wheel deal and the maintenance deal when I bought the PAS.

· Registered
3 Posts
Someone told me it was cheaper if you bought extended warranty at the time you purchase new rather than buying warranty later? Does that sound right?
I don’t know as I have always done the extended warranty at time of purchase. However, I believe the dealer has some discretion regarding the warranty cost and so maybe more inclined to provide a better deal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts