Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a Pan America Special last Saturday. First off, this thing absolutely rips. Very happy with my purchase.

Last night I did a 80 mile loop after work and noticed that the Instrument Module, the LED display, dashboard, tends to modulate brightness. At first I thought my old eyes were just messing with me, but no.

wondered if it had something to do
With the alternator/RPM I was at but I was pretty consistent at between 4-5k. Seems pretty doubtful.

happened with the black and white display mode.

Anybody else seen this?

·
Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
187 Posts
Auto brightness setting under "display"... Screen gets bright under street lamps, dims in the dark. Just turn it off and set it where you like it.
Exactly, I turned auto on and I noticed the screen changed brightness quite a bit, especially in town. So might just haveta find a level I like and leave it there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think if you turn off the auto display brightness setting, it will solve the problem. Kind of a pain in the ass to remember to this everytime begore it gets dark.

·
Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
187 Posts
You shouldn't have to do it every time. There's an auto setting and a manual setting. The auto sucks cause there's hardly a delay and soon as it's senses different light levels it adjusts to it, but if out away from town(artificial lighting) it'd probably be fine... But with manual you have a range of brightness you can adjust to and it will stay there, obviously good setting during day might be too bright at night, vice versa.
Ignoring the auto while traveling thru town was difficult, at least for me, had flashbacks to lsd days.😁 Jk didn't have the flashbacks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.