Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow pan am members! I didn't see any real life fuel data listed in the forum so I thought some real world data could be useful. MPG was a big concern for me when researching this bike prior to purchase as I use it for my daily 65 mile commute to work. I've owned many Harleys throughout my life and MPG was never something anyone cared about and at best I seen maybe 39MPG when babying those big Vtwins. as for the Pan Am I'm impressed so far. I've just hit 987 miles on it and have been tracking MPG since day one. Data I've collected so far, I'm averaging 48.49MPG and getting 250 miles per tank. the fuel gauge on the bike shows 0 at 220miles and the range calculator shows 44 miles at that time. when the range calculator gets to 10 miles left the display shows " --- " its at that time the bike has gone 250ish miles give or take 2 miles. upon refueling the bike takes 5.189 gallons of fuel. This data is based on moderate acceleration and shift patterns always @ 4k RPM with fuel consumption in mind. Riding is mixed between city and highway 23 miles city and 42 miles highway. Of course all if this fuel data can greatly very depending on your riding style.

·
Registered
Pan America Spezial
254 Posts
Hello FOURSEASONS1621,
I am also pleased with the MPG. In Europa we calculate in Liter pro 100km.
Once I was with full Power on the Sport modus from italy to Germany Lake of Constanz. Passes with 2500 Meter above sea Level. A lot of turns accelerate, break down to make the curve..
In the Mountains then i recognized the fuel won' t last to Austria.
Big Problem because i had no Swiss money cash. .... Brain was working ....checking the Features what the PAS has.
Switched to rain modus and Tempomat. Crusing on the Swiss Highway to Austria.
You know what, it works.
Easy going to the first Gas Station in Austria.
Here is my MPG in l/100km in the Picture.
I use a App for this

Rectangle Parallel Font Pattern Number

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is overkill, but I keep track of all expenses and repairs on my vehicles, added the PA to estimate realistic range between fill ups in the backcountry. Over the years I've noticed the longer they sit the lower the mileage, and a slight difference between summer and winter fuel blends.

Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
2021 Pan America 1250S
10 Posts
Wish my numbers were that good. I am averaging approximately 38.2 mpg, of mixed use, minimal highway, so far. My fuel light turned off at 10 miles of range showing in instrument panel. When I filled up I put in 4.7 gallons. Looks like I would have been empty right at 205-210 miles. Good data Matilda and Sasquatch!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts