Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

So…. My 21 PAS got stuck in 5th gear. Took it in to the dealer to get fixed. Next thing I know they call me and said Harley was sending them a brand new motor and trans for my bike. 6 gears in the trans were chewed up. Anyone else have that issue?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear @Grayson_BlackPanAm. Is everything being covered by warranty for the engine and transmission? Did they give you an idea on how long it's going to take?
Yes. Everything is covered under warranty. 15,000 miles on the bike. Had it less than a year. I ride it HARD. I ride it off-road a lot. But that is what it’s made for right? I wanted to do the New Mexico BDR but now I’m not sure it could handle it lol.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes. Everything is covered under warranty. 15,000 miles on the bike. Had it less than a year. I ride it HARD. I ride it off-road a lot. But that is what it’s made for right? I wanted to do the New Mexico BDR but now I’m not sure it could handle it lol.
What was the longest trip you made on your Pan America before things weren't working right?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What was the longest trip you made on your Pan America before things weren't working right?
I rode from Natchitoches, La to Gulf Shores, Al and back. No issues. I’ve had a few small issues that are common but software updates have fixed them. I had my cruise control switch break off on my trip to gulf shores but I could still get the cruise to work. I had the 4,000 RPM idle issue. Update fixed it. Other than that the biggest issue I had previously was the fuel pump sounding TERRIBLE. It was working fine but it sounded like gravel was inside the pump. I could hear it over the motor sometimes on the road. They ordered me a new one a couple months ago. It had to come off the assembly line because that is the only fuel pumps they have for my bike in inventory. Luckily it came in while my bike has been in the shop for the trans issue. All of these issues have been in the last 3 months I’ve owned the bike. It ran amazing up to that point.

·
Registered
141 Posts
There’s a lot in that pic that’s different, engine guards, skid pan, exhaust shields, frame side cover, engine case, rear brake reservoir, and so on, etc. pic looks more like a prototype bike than a production model.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts