Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been lurking around for a minute…
I’ll be in my way to take the plunge and purchase a new 22 PAS Tomorrow.. (Oregon, USA)

Besides asking if it’s had all the recent software updates and a new battery lol…
Is there anything I should ask for/about?

Is there something you wanted to ask and didn’t think of it until after ?

Is there any special deals to know about/ask for , that they don’t mention?

Should I wait for the 120th anniversary?

Did you purchase any extended warranty/how much$

Did the dealership throw in any free maintenance ?

Did they give you a decent Trade in price?

Thanks in Advance..

Edit:after test ride they wanted $27,000 I talk them down to $23,000 with 2yr warranty and free tires for 2yr .. YES H-D financing is Outrageous!!! So I went to my bank and got pre approved, going to call H-D and see if I can get that same quoted price that I got on Monday…

I have to try and private sell my other motorcycle, because once again H-D is Outrageous on their trade in values.!

If anyone is interested I have a BMW R18 for sale..

· Registered
2022 Pan America
14 Posts
I wish you luck. It doesn't seem that dealers are offering any REASONABLE deals from what I've gathered on a couple of Harley forums and what I know from experience here in Idaho. Just for the heck of it I went to the dealer in Eagle, Idaho to trade my Pan America in on a "touring" bike. Their "Christmas" special is retail value of any trade if you purchased a touring model. What they don't tell you is that they REFUSE to budge off of MSRP + $2000 dealer mark-up, PLUS freight ($600), PLUS Haarley theft protection ($664), PLUS set-up ($995), PLUS tax (which I understand). Seemed like a reallly bad deal, so I walked...........they don't seem to care. I guess they figure someone will come in and give them exactly what they are asking. Not sure how a deal on a PAS would be, but right now they won't budge off of $25,000 for a $22,000 motorcycle...........my guess is a PAS with ARH and laced wheels would cost you $27,000 out the door. Maybe less in Oregon because you guys don't pay sales tax right?

I'm going to list mine on Craigslist here in a few days and ask $23,200 We'll see how that goes, but it also comes with Harley Soft bags (OEM sideracks), ARH, laced wheels, Harley skid plate, Barkbusters, Puig Windscreen, Muffler guard, Touratech GPS mount and A1 risers.

· Registered
37 Posts
I bought in Canada this past March. I have a really good relationship with the dealer. Got roughly $4500 off sticker including taxes, PDI, everything out the door. Also got 20% off accessories for the first purchase. No extended warranty, no services included. I paid for the 1st service and will be doing the rest on my own.

· Premium Member
2022 RA1250S
105 Posts
Ask for a detailed orientation on the electronics. When I picked mine up, the lead Pan AM tech was not working. I struggled to learn how to use and set everything up. Lots of you tube and forums like this helped, but, it seems to be better to have someone show you in person.

· Premium Member
103 Posts
Greetings. I'm in the same position. I put a deposit on the bike and walked through the initial deal. I'm jonesing to take the 22 PAS GI Enthusiast off their hands. Before the closing room (warranty, tires for life, VIP program [which i highly recommend]) they're at $23k. I'm heading in to finish before year end and will be very curious to learn whether I can get an extra $3k off the price (my objective) when it all comes down to it. Don't tell them but thanks to this forum, I've been buying accessories for a week now and they all started to arrive at my place before I've even taken delivery on the bike and officially closed the deal. I love those MotoMosko bags (thanks to this forum) which mount easily on the HD side racks and the HD top case really does seem like a bag of choice (it locks and carries helmet and jacket etc [looks like just a little smaller than my king tour pack on my RG]). I'm going to put on the muffler guard, skid plate, radiator guard, light guard (each of the ones I bought were off ebay and were OEM [boo china!] and after tax and shipping I still got everything at least 30% less than HD prices.

I think I'll have the dealer install the following on delivery (and yes, they give you at least a 20% price cut from HD pricing) accessories:
  1. side mounting racks (solely because I've decided on the MoskoMoto bags (the side pair are $850-$1100 from MoskoMoto) ... you can also later get aluminums if you want. I do love the LoneRider bags but those are adaptable only in the "fixed install" position with the PAS so I'm going to have HD install the HD sidemounts.
  2. quickshifter - This seems a luxury to me and I've never used one BUT I've watched enough videos to know it's probably a good idea for me. (In the first 5000 miles on my 21 RG I burned through 3 clutches....I was riding super slow and doing rodeo 8s and uturns and following cones and realized the error of that operation so I'm committed to NOT burning through more on my RG). I've not ridden an enduro bike since I was 10 years old and can't wait to beat around on the PAS soon.
  3. heated hand grips - These also seem a luxury and I've never had them but again, videos and this forum has me willing to try them out.
  4. PA tool kit - don't hate on this one. I've rummaged through so many tool kits and this one really does seem perfect. HD sells them for $160 but despite any other pricing, after shipping, it's a wash so I'm going to buy it when I pick up the bike.
OTHER ITEMS I'M BUYING ONLINE:
I'm buying OEM/ebay rear top mounting plate, an android auto ready separate monitor/device as a remote phone display, mounting hardware for that device.
  1. rear top mounting plate (not sure why those seem to be available OEM (not china) but I did find a few and they are simple to install
  2. android auto ready separate monitor/device as a remote phone display (using GPS and audio from phone) - wireless connect to your headset and to the phone. Keep the phone in my pocket protected. Separate hardware for this. THIS SINGLE ISSUE IS WHAT TOOK ME SO LONG TO PULL THIS TRIGGER. I'M SPOILED WITH THE HD TOUCHSCREEN BOOM ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM THAT HAS ANDROID AUTO HARD CONNECTED TO MY PHONE. That's the big one almost had me waiting for a production year when HD figured that part out. BUT ALAS I REALLY WANT a new GI Enthusiast so here I am.
  3. MoskoMoto paniers
  4. Top Box probably ebay/OEM when one of you all on the forum decides to sell yours for some new reason or gadget yet to be revealed!
Good luck on pulling your trigger. I can't wait to buy and take some pics and be guided by the members of this forum. Peace.

· Registered
2000 BMW R1100R
5 Posts
I believe HD corporate is also offering the 36 month UNLIMITED MILEAGE warranty. This should be independent of any other pricing financing offers.
Earlier in the summer local dealer offered $1800 off list, then up to $3K by the fall, plus something more off accessories, but only for the bike I had test ridden. When he refused to take a deposit to hold, a bit later he said he took another deposit but this was a firm buy. He said he’d get back if it didn’t go through. A week or so later, I stopped by and it was still on the floor.
Although the dealer was only about two miles from my house, I ultimately got fed up w the sales tactics and found a GS with 125 demo miles and resulting 42 month warranty fo the same $3K off of list. I feel fortunate as I needed the low suspension option on the GS, which was a key attraction of the PAS.
I enjoyed riding the PAS, and will be comfortable riding one is I take overseas tours with organization such as Tour1, but it just didn’t feel right to me.
If you’re comfortable with the whole process and you get the 36 mo unlimited mileage, it is a great value.
Good Luck

· Registered
2022 Pan America
14 Posts
If you're walking out the door @ $23K for a PAS, I would say you're getting a very good deal, so you better jump on it. Make sure it has Adaptive Ride Height @ that price. If you're buying a "Special" it should come with heated handgrips........so once again, make sure you are paying for a Special and not just the Pan America. The one thing I found about the PA is that it is lacking in protective gear for an "Adventure" bike. If you are planning on taking your motorcycle off of the pavement, top priority for me was the radiator guard, skid plate and the muffler guard.

· Premium Member
2022 RA1250S
105 Posts
Going to agree with Billy Shears on this. For that $23K, as long as it has ARH, and spoked wheels, It's a good deal. It is about what I paid for it in 2022.
I'm not a big extended warranty guy, but, if it is included or reasonably priced at the time.......go for it.
Heated grips are included on the S.
if you are financing the bike, remember that you may or may not be getting the best deal via HD financing. You may be better off with a private Credit Union or other financial institution. Do your homework. At the end of the day, it is what you end up paying by the end of the financing.

· Premium Member
103 Posts
If you're walking out the door @ $23K for a PAS, I would say you're getting a very good deal, so you better jump on it. Make sure it has Adaptive Ride Height @ that price. If you're buying a "Special" it should come with heated handgrips........so once again, make sure you are paying for a Special and not just the Pan America. The one thing I found about the PA is that it is lacking in protective gear for an "Adventure" bike. If you are planning on taking your motorcycle off of the pavement, top priority for me was the radiator guard, skid plate and the muffler guard.
Good calls on all. You're right on heated grips. Spot on. They are at $23 before the VIP and warranty and tires for life charges. The unlimited miles 3 years is great.

· Premium Member
103 Posts
Going to agree with Billy Shears on this. For that $23K, as long as it has ARH, and spoked wheels, It's a good deal. It is about what I paid for it in 2022.
I'm not a big extended warranty guy, but, if it is included or reasonably priced at the time.......go for it.
if you are financing the bike, remember that you may or may not be getting the best deal via HD financing. You may be better off with a private Credit Union or other financial institution. Do your homework. At the end of the day, it is what you end up paying by the end of the financing.
Spot on all around. The reason I pulled the trigger on my 21 RG was a same as cash deal for 90 days. I put down a big down and every couple months pay a big chunk and it was nearly done in a year. BUT YES, Harley is like HP. You buy the bike and get a deal but it's the TONER (upgrades, accessories and fun stuff) that really helps them make the money. I'm good with that....

This time I'm getting 120 days same as cash. Lower down. Motivated end of year dealer who I love in the first place.

I'll report back to all as soon as I "ring the bell" inside the shop. They'll actually deliver it back to me after I take delivery (really pay attention to the electronics and the dealer guidance and instruction on that - THANKS TO THIS FORUM) and then let them install the few ad ons and send it back to my garage on a platter (lift truck). Thanks again.

· Registered
15 Posts
I’ll be in my way to take the plunge and purchase a new 22 PAS Tomorrow.. (Oregon, USA)

Besides asking if it’s had all the recent software updates and a new battery lol…

Thanks in Advance..

Edit:after test ride they wanted $27,000 I talk them down to $23,000 with 2yr warranty and free tires for 2yr .. YES H-D financing is Outrageous!!! So I went to my bank and got pre approved, going to call H-D and see if I can get that same quoted price that I got on Monday…

I have to try and private sell my other motorcycle, because once again H-D is Outrageous on their trade in values.!

Thanks in Advance..

Who is your dealer? Seems a bit high. I'm in southern oregon, bought my 2022 P/A special otd around $23k with extended warranty. D&S HD in Medford.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Who is your dealer? Seems a bit high. I'm in southern oregon, bought my 2022 P/A special otd around $23k with extended warranty. D&S HD in Medford.

I talked them down to $23k otd with warranty, tires for life and a Maintenance package. I’m internet the Oregon City area..

· Registered
2022 Pan America
14 Posts
Great job. I feel like an idiot for what I paid for mine. 😢

GREAT riding in Oregon. Heck, I could probably spend the rest of my life riding around the Sisters area and not see it all. Can’t imagine what the rest of your beautiful State has to offer. Love the coast too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts