Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$65 for the 40 tooth, $90 for the 56 tooth. BUT these were the prototypes. This is the hardest aluminum made, 7000series.
Also an interesting note
Our bikes come with a 128 link:oops: chain that is riveted solid- no master-link clip.
For a larger sprocket:
In order to get a chain to fit, you have to order a 140/150 link 530 chain made with the same specs as a Kawasaki ZX14, capable of 12,000 lb tensile strength. These chains are special and they are spendy! ($220+)
You will install rear sprocket on cush drive, reassemble, and fit the chain to correct length.
For a smaller sprocket:
If you go with a smaller than stock rear sprocket so it lowers your RPM's at highway speed, You will have to order a REGINA brand master-link ($18 will post part # later) and cut your factory chain off with a cut-off wheel, then shorten it and then put it back with new master.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Easy as pie!
stick a block of wood between tire and ground while on center stand, just enough up pressure to support wheel weight and keep it aligned so as to not bind the axle tube- and she slides right out. only one wheel spacer on left side to roll away whilst not looking.:LOL:
Pay special attention to right side "spacer" that is actually a hall effect sensor with a wire going to it. I believe it is a dual function anti lock brake/speedo pickup.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Waiting for my rear sprocket - 43 tooth!! Hopefully coming soon. How hard was the wheel removal?
Hey Snowdog, is there a reason as to why you went with a 43? It actually looks nice by the #'s- lowers rpm by 500 at 75mph!
I did all my calculations on 'gearingcommander.com' they have a database for P.A. 1250 under the touring tab of H.D.
cycles.

· Registered
18 Posts
Hey Snowdog, is there a reason as to why you went with a 43? It actually looks nice by the #'s- lowers rpm by 500 at 75mph!
I did all my calculations on 'gearingcommander.com' they have a database for P.A. 1250 under the touring tab of H.D.
cycles.
I did the calculations. I can cruise at 80-85, and wanted a drop of approx 500rpms. I just hope 1st isnt too tall. Ideally I would have had replaced both sprockets to 20/45 (stock 19/48), but the company hasn't yet made a template for the front.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did the calculations. I can cruise at 80-85, and wanted a drop of approx 500rpms. I just hope 1st isnt too tall. Ideally I would have had replaced both sprockets to 20/45 (stock 19/48), but the company hasn't yet made a template for the front.
Naw, never too tall of gearing, just wait till 100 mph to shift into 4th!🤪

1 - 11 of 11 Posts