Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Garmin Zumo XT on a Black Friday deal and looking @ options to mount it. I was originally just looking @ the Touratech mount above the TFT but then saw the Touratech windshield windscreen adjuster. This bracket remounts the windshield more solid and also provides a bar above the TFT to mount the Garmin. I figured that would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Anyone using this Touratech mount, options, opinions?
Font Auto part Parallel Logo Brand

· Premium Member
2022 RA1250S
100 Posts
I roll the Touratech mount above the TFT. I mounted a ZumoXT and love it. However, a quick look at the Touratech USA site does not reveal that component. A search of the SKU also turns up zero.
Is it possible this is a Canadian only item? I think it may be outsourced somewhere else and not a true touratech product.
Here is a link to another windscreen option: Wunderlich Screen Reinforcement
I really like having it above the TFT. I totally get that some folks on here have said otherwise. But, like any accessory, it is personal preference.
Would I have liked to kill 2 birds with one stone? Absolutely. That would be a great item to find.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I roll the Touratech mount above the TFT. I mounted a ZumoXT and love it. However, a quick look at the Touratech USA site does not reveal that component. A search of the SKU also turns up zero.
Is it possible this is a Canadian only item? I think it may be outsourced somewhere else and not a true touratech product.
Here is a link to another windscreen option: Wunderlich Screen Reinforcement
I really like having it above the TFT. I totally get that some folks on here have said otherwise. But, like any accessory, it is personal preference.
Would I have liked to kill 2 birds with one stone? Absolutely. That would be a great item to find.
Just checked the official Touratech site and they have it listed.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Font Automotive tire Machine

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked again. Not available in the USA site as of yet. If you can get it, I say, go for it. Just remember........you owe us a review on how you like it!!
Yeah I just noticed it show up on the Canadian distributor’s site a few weeks ago. They just got it back in stock but I will likely wait to see if they have a Boxing Day sale. I will definitely let you guys know what I think when I have it installed.
Cheers

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the Touratech windscreen windshield adjuster showed up on my door step today. I dug the bike out of the corner of the garage and got the parts installed. Wow what a difference as far as the windshield being rigid. The mount supports the upper part of the windshield adjuster. Only drawback I see is you are no longer able to adjust the windshield with one hand. Haven’t had a chance to mount the Zumo yet but holding it up looks like it will work out well.
Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Bicycle part Carbon

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

· Premium Member
2022 RA1250S
100 Posts
Well Mr. Dozer..........guess what showed up this week on the touratech-usa website? ..........Guess what will be on my front porch next week tuesday?.......
You were correct. I spoke with a rep via phone. They simply had not made updates to the website before the holidays and it sat on some IT nerds desk for a while.
I'm excited to see how good it is based on your pics and review. That's what makes participating here so great. Thanks for the lead and the review.

· Premium Member
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
252 Posts
So the Touratech windscreen windshield adjuster showed up on my door step today. I dug the bike out of the corner of the garage and got the parts installed. Wow what a difference as far as the windshield being rigid. The mount supports the upper part of the windshield adjuster. Only drawback I see is you are no longer able to adjust the windshield with one hand. Haven’t had a chance to mount the Zumo yet but holding it up looks like it will work out well.
View attachment 2183
View attachment 2184
View attachment 2185
Question, is that the factory windshield and you just added the tourtech bracket? But you haven't had a chance to test it out with a ride,yet?
Getting at is I might be interested.
Thanks.

· Premium Member
2022 RA1250S
100 Posts
Question, is that the factory windshield and you just added the tourtech bracket? But you haven't had a chance to test it out with a ride,yet?
Thanks.
OD, just do like I did.....jump in! I figure it gives me something to do for an afternoon on the bike. Do I have High hopes? I'll go out on a limb here and say yes. Ive purchased numerous Touratech items for 3 different bikes. All were great quality with very good hardware and instructions. Did any fail my expectations? Not yet.
A guy might be able to have a couple 'cold snacks' out in the garage for a few hours if I take my time.
Cheers!

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks.
Yes that is the factory shield and I just added the bracket. And you are correct I have not road tested this set up yet, that likely will not happen till March. Way too much snow and frigid temps, stupid Canada lol. Very impressed with the part. Installation wasn’t the easiest but it worked out great. The windshield is now super stable and I have my mounting location for the Zumo.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OD, just do like I did.....jump in! I figure it gives me something to do for an afternoon on the bike. Do I have High hopes? I'll go out on a limb here and say yes. Ive purchased numerous Touratech items for 3 different bikes. All were great quality with very good hardware and instructions. Did any fail my expectations? Not yet.
A guy might be able to have a couple 'cold snacks' out in the garage for a few hours if I take my time.
Cheers!
I wouldn’t say the directions were very good. I’ve seen better directions from IKEA lol. You have to go online and get them off of the Touratech site and then it’s only 2 pics. The TFT is a tight fit in the bracket but it all worked out great.

· Premium Member
252 Posts
I wouldn’t say the directions were very good. I’ve seen better directions from IKEA lol. You have to go online and get them off of the Touratech site and then it’s only 2 pics. The TFT is a tight fit in the bracket but it all worked out great.
Thanks for heads up and response and you answered another question I didn't ask, thanks.
Yeah I hear ya bout riding til March ish. I'm in indiana.

· Premium Member
98 Posts
After some forum comments and suggestions, I went to the MadStad website then spoke with a guy there. They have 3 products for the PAS. Windshield Kit; Riser; GPS/Device mounting bar. The bar itself is $109. All 3 are $643 (plus tax and guessing shipping is free with this much cost). Not sure what's needed but definitely the device rack/bar. Thoughts? Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Windshields by MadStad - MadStad Engineering

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After some forum comments and suggestions, I went to the MadStad website then spoke with a guy there. They have 3 products for the PAS. Windshield Kit; Riser; GPS/Device mounting bar. The bar itself is $109. All 3 are $643 (plus tax and guessing shipping is free with this much cost). Not sure what's needed but definitely the device rack/bar. Thoughts? Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Windshields by MadStad - MadStad Engineering
The factory shield works fine for me so I wasn’t really interested in replacing the entire set up. The somewhat flimsy support/adjustment mechanism didn’t even really bother me that much either. I was looking for something to mount my gps and stumbled upon the Touratech set up I bought. For me it kills 2 birds with one stone and didn’t break the bank. The Madstad set up looks nice and if you’re going with their windshield and mount the rest seems like a no brainer. I’m envious of you guys down in the states with the after market parts you have access to with out having to pay stupid shipping and duty fees on.

· Premium Member
98 Posts
The factory shield works fine for me so I wasn’t really interested in replacing the entire set up. The somewhat flimsy support/adjustment mechanism didn’t even really bother me that much either. I was looking for something to mount my gps and stumbled upon the Touratech set up I bought. For me it kills 2 birds with one stone and didn’t break the bank. The Madstad set up looks nice and if you’re going with their windshield and mount the rest seems like a no brainer. I’m envious of you guys down in the states with the after market parts you have access to with out having to pay stupid shipping and duty fees on.
Oh. Canada!

· Premium Member
98 Posts
Oh. Canada!
The Touratech looks great. My biggest challenge remains bringing my android audio to my PAS riding experience. I can get used the the HD app for maps if I must and it's fine to flip through the spotify playlist already up and running when I connect with the phone in my pocket...but I'm spoiled with my RoadGlide and it's easy connectivity. I bought a separate device on ebay promising everything I wanted but it ultimately did not work. So I keep searching. No rush for the GPS mount just yet. I just keep watching your videos/or rather links buried in these many forum posts and explore more and more options you folks are all finding. SO looks llike finding a mounting bar is not an issue....finding the device I need is another. (My phone too delicate basically to mount it on any bike so I was hoping to find a device that would sync with my phone and then let the device sync with PAS.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Touratech looks great. My biggest challenge remains bringing my android audio to my PAS riding experience. I can get used the the HD app for maps if I must and it's fine to flip through the spotify playlist already up and running when I connect with the phone in my pocket...but I'm spoiled with my RoadGlide and it's easy connectivity. I bought a separate device on ebay promising everything I wanted but it ultimately did not work. So I keep searching. No rush for the GPS mount just yet. I just keep watching your videos/or rather links buried in these many forum posts and explore more and more options you folks are all finding. SO looks llike finding a mounting bar is not an issue....finding the device I need is another. (My phone too delicate basically to mount it on any bike so I was hoping to find a device that would sync with my phone and then let the device sync with PAS.
I haven’t tried using the HD app and really don’t care to. I’ve had no issues syncing my Iphone and Cardo to the bike. Really like being able to use the handlebar controls for volume and to control the music. Only problem I have is when I turn my head to the left the headset disconnects intermittently. I have a trip planned to Prudhoe Bay AK planned this summer so I wanted a stand alone GPS (no cell service for much of the trip) hence the reason for the Touratech mount. I can connect my phone and my head set to the zumo for music and such so I’m going to give that a try.

· Premium Member
252 Posts
Ok I "jumped in" and ordered the tourtech stabilizer with mount! But now I have a question, I see they make a gps locking mount and they say it has vibration dampners. Yeah lock is nice but more interested in making sure gps don't vibrate into pieces. :D

So my question, especially for you all that has the Garmin zumo(probably be gps I buy). First, did you mount it with the included mount and is it holding up or you considering a different kind? And/or should I look at buying tourtech or another brand?
Thanks

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Ok I "jumped in" and ordered the tourtech stabilizer with mount! But now I have a question, I see they make a gps locking mount and they say it has vibration dampners. Yeah lock is nice but more interested in making sure gps don't vibrate into pieces. :D

So my question, especially for you all that has the Garmin zumo(probably be gps I buy). First, did you mount it with the included mount and is it holding up or you considering a different kind? And/or should I look at buying tourtech or another brand?
Thanks
I just bought the Touratech mounting plate.
White Product Font Auto part Circle

Not really worried about vibration as I’m mounting the Zumo and it’s made specifically for motorcycles.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts