Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2022 PAS last weekend. So far loving the bike, it's one of the best modern motorcycles I've ever ridden. I need to buy luggage and such for it and thus far the Harley sport cases fit the bill as I will rarely (if ever) take the thing off the pavement. Obviously, these cases have some QC issues but my question is about the assembly of the cases. I would like to remove all the aluminum panels and have them powder coated black to match the bike. Seems like something that is possible but I would love to hear from someone who actually owns the luggage. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum and congratulation's on your PA. If you can wait till tomorrow I will look for you. I kind if think it's very thin gauge, might not take the heat of the oven with out distorting.
Thank you, that would be awesome! If they are too thin I can just have them painted I guess, maybe even truck bed liner for durability. Perhaps I'm petty but I just want them to match the paint.

· Registered
142 Posts
Thank you, that would be awesome! If they are too thin I can just have them painted I guess, maybe even truck bed liner for durability. Perhaps I'm petty but I just want them to match the paint.
The case looks like you can strip it down to get the trim off. There are a lot off fasteners on the inside of the case that should break it into parts. The more I think about the metal trim, I would spray it with flat black or satin Plastic Dip. I have seen good results with it and it can be peeled off when it gets too scuffed up and protects the trim.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much! I was hoping that might be the case. Years ago I worked at Motus Motorcycles and we had to strip the panels off the Givi cases to have them paint matched. Same ball game. Well, my local dealer managed to find all the cases for me and will have them at the dealership this Friday. I'll let you know what I end up doing.
Thanks again

· Registered
2022 Pan America Special in Vivid Black with HD hard panniers and top case
10 Posts
Just to clarify, I bought my bike last week, and it came with black side panniers, and I had them add on the matching top case, all in black. So if you just want bags in black, your dealer should be able to order them that way, I would think.

Wheel Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Just bought a 2022 PAS last weekend. So far loving the bike, it's one of the best modern motorcycles I've ever ridden. I need to buy luggage and such for it and thus far the Harley sport cases fit the bill as I will rarely (if ever) take the thing off the pavement. Obviously, these cases have some QC issues but my question is about the assembly of the cases. I would like to remove all the aluminum panels and have them powder coated black to match the bike. Seems like something that is possible but I would love to hear from someone who actually owns the luggage. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to clarify, I bought my bike last week, and it came with black side panniers, and I had them add on the matching top case, all in black. So if you just want bags in black, your dealer should be able to order them that way, I would think.

View attachment 1588
To my knowledge that is just for the hard/aluminum cases. I bought the sport side cases which are only available with bare aluminum trim. It doesn't look as bad as I thought so I will most likely just leave them the way they are. Thanks though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts