Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Baja Orange / White Pan America Special
117 Posts
Low voltage makes all kinds of things act goofy..... It can depend on the length of the low voltage situation as well....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, I checked the connection from the battery to the starter. The nut that attaches the cable to the starter was tight. Maybe it is just coincidental but I didn’t start having my current start issues (and ARH locking into high position) until my bike (BCM, ECM, etc.) was updated a few weeks ago. I have seen voltage drop below 8v when starting and the bike still started but who knows how some of the components (like ARH) react to such low voltage.
This is what brought me to the forums: I’m seeing codes U228700P, U015600H, B2271A3H, and several others after my 1K service and quick shifter install. They flashed the bike for the QS, and now they can’t find anything mechanically wrong. I was hoping it was just a bad battery, but still does it even after a brand new one. Maybe they’ll be a software update soonish. Also of note: My Bluetooth devices will no longer stay connected either, even after totally erasing and re-pairing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is what brought me to the forums: I’m seeing codes U228700P, U015600H, B2271A3H, and several others after my 1K service and quick shifter install. They flashed the bike for the QS, and now they can’t find anything mechanically wrong. I was hoping it was just a bad battery, but still does it even after a brand new one. Maybe they’ll be a software update soonish. Also of note: My Bluetooth devices will no longer stay connected either, even after totally erasing and re-pairing.
Came here to reply to you and tman2010,

There is a bad software update that was pushed to my bike which seems to have caused all the problems (believe it was ECM or the EHCU), call your dealership to have them verify if you have the buggy update. They went to a previous version and I havent had issues since.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts