Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my HD lighting which I really like (and despite HD saying so you don't have to remove the tank). The only problem I'm having is the brackets on the engine guard with the rubber protector in place to keep from marring the bar want to move outward! I've tried repositioning them a little higher and then a little lower on the engine guard but to no avail the migrate outward so when you look at the bike head on they point outward and not straight ahead.
I think I saw someone drill the bracket and put a screw in because they had the same problem but not sure..looking for feedback. I have contacted Denali lighting and if their upper lighting bracket will accommodate the HD lamps (theirs they show in the photos are round not sure of size). In addition I think the upper bracket will allow the lights to perform better, any other thoughts out there?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've had my eye on the Denali brackets for a while. They look like they are crafted and thought out very well. they've been on backorder for the last 6 months tho. Maybe they're supposed to be slightly angled to illuminate the shoulders a bit?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Any of the Denali parts listed as Pan America Special parts have been on back order for 6 months. I’m beginning to wonder if the wiring looms will every materialise.

·
Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
187 Posts
I just installed my HD lighting which I really like (and despite HD saying so you don't have to remove the tank).
I got them also (not installed obviously)😁 hopefully will in near future. So did you route cable/wiring under tank?
thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Baja Orange / White Pan America Special
93 Posts
I went a different route because of what I had read. I found brackets that clamp to the forks, much better adjustability with the added bonus of the light pointing where I'm turning.
Tire Automotive lighting Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just installed my HD lighting which I really like (and despite HD saying so you don't have to remove the tank). The only problem I'm having is the brackets on the engine guard with the rubber protector in place to keep from marrin
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

g the bar want to move outward! I've tried repositioning them a little higher and then a little lower on the engine guard but to no avail the migrate outward so when you look at the bike head on they point outward and not straight ahead.
I think I saw someone drill the bracket and put a screw in because they had the same problem but not sure..looking for feedback. I have contacted Denali lighting and if their upper lighting bracket will accommodate the HD lamps (theirs they show in the photos are round not sure of size). In addition I think the upper bracket will allow the lights to perform better, any other thoughts out there?
My question is where are people tapping into the factory harness.. any help on would be great.. I mounted my lights in the factory turn signal location and mounted the turn signals flush mount on the little black wings..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts