Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
253 Posts
Is it possible to install these w/o removing the tank? Any tips or suggestions?
Someone on here said you could but didn't explain how!
That being said, R&R the tank isn't that bad, I did it when installed my Hd aux lights it does take a bit of time but again not that difficult. My .02 is do it cause you'll haveta if/when you change air filter then you'll know how and be easier/quicker.

· Registered
44 Posts
I did not remove my tank. I removed the two bolts in the center, one on each side. I then tucked the wires up in the cavity and paid attention to when the tank came down to make sure nothing got pinched. When its time to do the air filter i will then check the condition of the wires and route them better and zip tie them down.
This is how I did mine.

· Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to follow up I did end up removing the tank. Kind of a pain in the ass given the lack of visibility and tight quarters on the fuel pump plug, and the clamp you have to destroy on the breather. But the biggest pain was feeding the damned fuel line back down to the quick connect. All in all maybe took me an hour or so.

· Registered
78 Posts
Someone on here said you could but didn't explain how!
That being said, R&R the tank isn't that bad, I did it when installed my Hd aux lights it does take a bit of time but again not that difficult. My .02 is do it cause you'll haveta if/when you change air filter then you'll know how and be easier/quicker.
You'll have to pull the tank eventually. The first time is a bit of a pain, but after the first time, the rest are gravy. Gives you the opportunity to see how Harley stuffed 10 lbs of shitt into a 1 lb area

1 - 9 of 9 Posts