Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think I will buy the Harley Adventure Package, but with Sport bags.
I have the sport bags and I am not very happy with them. In hindsight, I wish I would have bought something else.
Having the sides open instead of the tops is extremely inconvenient as items fall out when you open them up. Especially on the left side when the kickstand is down.
Also only 3 mounting points
Just my personal opinion

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the sport bags and I am not very happy with them. In hindsight, I wish I would have bought something else.
Having the sides open instead of the tops is extremely inconvenient as items fall out when you open them up. Especially on the left side when the kickstand is down.
Also only 3 mounting points
Just my personal opinion
Thank you for your input. The sports bags are not 100% optimal. I'll get the inner pockets, then nothing should fall out. But I don't always want to drive around with a carrier system.

·
Registered
2022 PAS
66 Posts
I too have the "sport bags" and top case with liners top case gets used a lot when 2 up the side cases still not in use " covid struck the holidays plans" .I did not want the wrack on the bike once taken off.

·
Registered
2022 Pan America Special
85 Posts
I have the sport bags as well. I love them. I keep things I don't use much in the left (kickstand) side so for me it's not really an issue. I also have the top case which I use most of the time. My lunch bag goes in my side case when commuting or taking a longer ride on weekends. They attach similarly to the way the bags did on my BMW R1250 RT. I like the ease of removal when you want to take them off also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome! I also have the Sport luggage. They are not perfect but they get the job done and look great. The liners help with stuff falling out. To be honest I would have probably went with the hard cases but I have no plans to offroad and didn't want the rack mounted on the bike full time. Also, I can't stand that the hard cases aren't even from side to side (the right side is pushed out further to give clearance for the exhaust). What I will say is that the Sport side cases are super convenient in terms of mounting and removing them. For God's sake though, when you key the locks don't bother trying to measure the tumblers in the like the directions say. Just test fit them one at a time until you find the right ones and keep good notes. You sill save yourself a lot of wasted time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts