Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, my suspension doesn’t come down for some mysterious reason. But the most serious is last week , I was not able to downshift or upshift while riding. I was stuck in second gear for several minutes and then everything was fine. Crushing in sixth gear at 100 kms /hr , not able to downshift . The shifter is freewheeling, no resistance , it is lik not connected to anything. I pull off on the side, shut the engine and wait 20 minutes . Restarted the engine and everything was fine. Brought in the bike last monday for the 1600kms , dealer didn’t found anything. Pick up the bike yesterday , went for a 3 hours ride and it did the same trick, stuck in 4 th gear , can’t downshift or upshift. Stop and wait. Restarted and everything was fine. This is a security issue that needs to be look at. My dealer is clueless, they don’t know that bike which is a shame. My opinion is that the PA was rushed to the market when HD Corp. needed a new product but unfortunately, not totally up to expectations.

· Registered
78 Posts
I haven't heard that one before, but definitely would be an issue.
The Rev Max motors are being placed in other bikes, and I think the majority of the bugs on the PA's are software issues for the most part. At least those are the majority of the complaints I'm hearing.
Hopefully you have another HD dealership fairly close by that has a competent PA technician

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't heard that one before, but definitely would be an issue.
The Rev Max motors are being placed in other bikes, and I think the majority of the bugs on the PA's are software issues for the most part. At least those are the majority of the complaints I'm hearing.
Hopefully you have another HD dealership fairly close by that has a competent PA technician
I live around Montreal. I will definitely investigate which dealer has a good PA technician. Those software bugs are a pain. However , the bike runs great and so fun. As we go along , I hope those problems will find solutions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts