Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, folks,
I'm Matt, and I live in Surf City, NC, a small coastal town between Jacksonville and Wilmington, N.C. I recently retired from 23 years in the Marine Corps and I've got a '22 Fastback Blue PAS with laced wheels. I also have a 95 Evo Road King. I've been riding all types of motorcycles for the last 20+ years, but ADV bikes are my favorite, and this bike is my favorite I've owned yet.

I received the Pan Am in March as a retirement gift to myself, and I intended to do an epic cross country trip, but got COVID, passed COVID to my wife, and had to take care of my kids while she was down. I now have to postpone the trip until the kids are back in school. So far have put about 3,500 miles on her. I got back from a 4 day trip to Western NC, hit Deals Gap, rode the entire Moonshiners 28, Cherohala Skyway, and Rattler, among a lot of great riding in the area. That trip really certified my confidence in the bike, but I do plan on getting more aggressive tires and doing some off road trails and BDR's.

Well, Thanks for letting me waste your time. I'm glad to join this group and look forward to sharing the space with you all. If there are any NC riders that meet up, I'd love to tag along.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
2022 Pan America Special
73 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the bike from your northern neighbor. Also, thanks for your service. Sounds like you had some great roads you rode on already. I want to get down that way some day. Enjoy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Excellent setup. In fact, I'm doing pretty much the same thing for my blue 22 as well. Couldn't resist the Moskomoto blue highlights. Just got the UPS notification that they'll be dropped off tomorrow. Any more pictures of your tank bag? Where did you run the straps? How are you liking it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts