Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I intend to fit a Denali Sound Bomb. Just as soon as Hex get their eZCAN on the market.
The stock horn is terrible.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Does the Denali horn fit in the same location as the stock horn?
I don't believe it would as its located up under the forks and have no idea how that would affect it when you turn the front wheel. The mount they have for it puts it just in front of the spark plug distributor on the left side of the bike. Still waiting on both the horn and mount to ship,

·
Registered
94 Posts
When you installed your horn, could you just unplug the wires from the original horn and route them to the new horn? Did they reach?
I mounted the Denali in the same place as the stock horn. The install is easy the battery is right below the horn so you can hook it up with a relay. The stock horn runs on 3amps and the Denali needs 5amps, use the original wires to the horn to power the relay.

·
Registered
2022 Pan America Special
74 Posts
I mounted the Denali in the same place as the stock horn. The install is easy the battery is right below the horn so you can hook it up with a relay. The stock horn runs on 3amps and the Denali needs 5amps, use the original wires to the horn to power the relay.
Where did you get the relay and do you mind giving some instructions on how you wired it? Also on the Denali website they say the mini should be just plug and play.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If anyone is interested, I got the soundbomb installed and it sounds great. However I am having a lot of issues. I BELIEVE it may be because the CanBus isn't seeing the stock horns resistance. (Could also be dying battery). If anyone can measure the resistance across the two posts on the stock horn and let me know I would greatly appreciate it. Currently the horn triggers are wired into a relay and im thinking if I add a resistor in series that should resolve my issues (not starting. High idle after starting successfully)

·
Registered
PAS RA1250S Deadwood Green Spokes & ARH
290 Posts
Horn is the option of last resort, ride defensively, maintain your 'safety bubble' and the horn is only there to pass the MOT test.

Scenario. Some steerer pulls out and cuts you up, well, you should have seen that coming, you then hit the super duper horn, they shit themselves and hit the anchors. That's not going to end well as they could well have better brakes than you and the element of surprise! 💩

·
Registered
2022 Pan America Special
74 Posts
Horn is the option of last resort, ride defensively, maintain your 'safety bubble' and the horn is only there to pass the MOT test.

Scenario. Some steerer pulls out and cuts you up, well, you should have seen that coming, you then hit the super duper horn, they shit themselves and hit the anchors. That's not going to end well as they could well have better brakes than you and the element of surprise! 💩
Very true. There is no replacement for being aware of all around you and riding defensively.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts