Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on using them for some heavier off-road use but mostly twisty and highway riding. What is the typical mileage you're seeing out of a set and how do they do in the twisties. For context I ride very hard in the corners and don't want to go into a corner thinking that I have grip where there is none.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dare I suggest that perhaps Anakee Wild tyres are not the best choice for your "mostly" type of riding. They are not designed for hard road use but for off road and (relatively) lower speeds. For the road and twisty bits, you would probably be better off with the stock fitment or similar.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would agree with Bushman. I would stick with the scorcher if that's your main style of riding. That being said, I have used them. They grip really well for a "knobby" tire. Surprisingly well in the corners because they are a soft compound. The down side is they are a soft compound. I live in the southeast and it gets hot here. The hot blacktop along with me loading the bike down with camping gear wears them out fast. I got 2500 miles on my original rear tire. Front was still good. Got 1500 miles on the second rear and while there is still tread on the front, it has some really weird cupping going on now that caused horrible vibrations and harmonics that vibrate your teeth. I have since switched to Dunlop Trailmax mission and am much happier. I'm seeing reports of 10K on big bikes and they ride a lot smoother. Off road performance is not as good but you have to decide where you want to give up some to get some. Good luck,

·
Registered
Pan America Spezial
300 Posts
Help, I put 10000 km or 6300mls on the first set of tires.
In the corners and breaking they do very well. So I choose to put the same on again.
Don't matter witch tire you will choose, if you ride on road and of road, it is always a compromise.
Maybe you go and get a second pair of wheels to switch them, depends where you plan to ride.

·
Premium Member
2021 Baja Orange / White Pan America Special
128 Posts
I put over 5000 km on a set of Motoz Tractionator GPS before writing off the bike and they were exceptional on the road and dug like a tractor off pavement. Tires look like almost new, supposedly you can expect 18-20k on the rear 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: drifter
1 - 5 of 5 Posts