Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased my 2022 HD Pan America 1250S (G.I. Enthusiast), on 30 Dec 22, from Republic Harley Davidson, Stafford, TX. Unlike some, there was no way I was going to trade in my 2016 Roadglide Ultra CVO, for the Pan America. Two completely different feels, when riding, and I love both feels. Ordered some AeeDEA highway pegs for more comfortable long distance rides. AeeDEA now sells them on Amazon. Looking forward to many new adventures, and hopefully meeting many of you, out there on the road, or off the beaten path.
God Bless, and stay safe

· Premium Member
103 Posts
Fantastic choice! Welcome. This forum helped me pull the trigger on 12/29/22 from Huntington Beach HD also a GI Enthusiast PAS. There is so much information, experiences, links and opinions on this forum...all something Harley Owners in general are never short of being willing to supply! Here's to 2023!

· Registered
2022 PAS
105 Posts
Purchased my 2022 HD Pan America 1250S (G.I. Enthusiast), on 30 Dec 22, from Republic Harley Davidson, Stafford, TX. Unlike some, there was no way I was going to trade in my 2016 Roadglide Ultra CVO, for the Pan America. Two completely different feels, when riding, and I love both feels. Ordered some AeeDEA highway pegs for more comfortable long distance rides. AeeDEA now sells them on Amazon. Looking forward to many new adventures, and hopefully meeting many of you, out there on the road, or off the beaten path.
God Bless, and stay safe
Hello and welcome one critic how you can want to put "highway" pegs on a dirt bike is beyond me but hey each to their own.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello and welcome one critic how you can want to put "highway" pegs on a dirt bike is beyond me but hey each to their own.
You can sleep
You can sleep peacefully tonight, my friend, knowing that I'm not the only one who has done this. I believe accessory manufacturers make these types of motorcycle pegs as options, because many riders want and install them. Having owned 9 Harley Davidsons, I find highway pegs invaluable, on long distance rides/adventures. What's beyond me, is that you don't get this.....hmmmmm

· Registered
2022 PAS
105 Posts
You can sleep

You can sleep peacefully tonight, my friend, knowing that I'm not the only one who has done this. I believe accessory manufacturers make these types of motorcycle pegs as options, because many riders want and install them. Having owned 9 Harley Davidsons, I find highway pegs invaluable, on long distance rides/adventures. What's beyond me, is that you don't get this.....hmmmmm
I sleep like a baby mate don,t you worry about me still the pegs look shite my opinion .

· Premium Member
103 Posts
I got lost in the baby bottle banter but regardless, I'd love to hear how the highway pegs work out. I'm getting used to riding with the pegs directly under me compared to the bagger. I stand up to break the monotony but am realizing perhaps highway pegs have the same effect. Could you post a pic and let us know how they go. I did see a cool install where the highway peg folds up and in and literally tucks away.

Reactions: Zedbra

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got lost in the baby bottle banter but regardless, I'd love to hear how the highway pegs work out. I'm getting used to riding with the pegs directly under me compared to the bagger. I stand up to break the monotony but am realizing perhaps highway pegs have the same effect. Could you post a pic and let us know how they go. I did see a cool install where the highway peg folds up and in and literally tucks away.
Hey there Romeo. I’ll definitely post an update once I receive and install the pegs. Being a former paratrooper in the Army for a number of years, my knees can take only about 150 or so miles, before I have the need to stand up on the PA. The highway pegs are due to arrive around 30 Jan 23.

· Premium Member
103 Posts
Bravo soldier. I decided on the GI Enthusiast because the color was calling. No airborne jumps on my watch but I'm a runner whose legs need maintenance and those highway pegs may just hit the spot. I'll stay tuned in here as you deploy yours on a long ride....

Reactions: Munaman

· Premium Member
2022 RA1250S
105 Posts
God Bless, and stay safe
I agree with the use of highway pegs on the PA. From what I can see, the AeeDEA have the most range of adjustment. I think pegs are a great addition as I ride about exactly what the tires are rated for ( 60/40). Getting a chance to change up your foot position even for a bit can make all the difference on a long ride. On trips, we are right around the 600 miles per day mark.
I always offer the advice to anyone installing highway pegs to remember to note and adjust as necessary the following:

1. A stretched out "leg forward position changes the weight distribution on your pelvis. Generally, with forward stretched legs you sit more on your tail bone rather than the meat of your ass-cheeks. Take the time to try several different heights of the pegs before settling in for a 2500 mile trip.

2. The height of the seat and the type of seat also influence the position of said pegs. While you may think you found that "sweet spot" for those pegs, you may change seats down the road, and need to re-adjust. Taller seats may put additional pressure to your inner thigh, while shorter seats may cause a pull in your hamstring. Be aware of these factors and strive to find that sweet spot that makes YOU the most comfortable over the distance.

3. Having a friend shoot a picture from a tripod mounted camera gives you a chance to mess with several combinations and adjust as needed. Put the bike on the center stand and shoot a pic with you on it. Move the pegs, shoot another one, change the seat, bar clamps, etc. shoot a pic. Compare the pics side by side and note your spine angle. leg angle, and shoulders. After all, thanks to digital, you won't have to run over to the local Photomat and wait for the glossy 4x6's to get developed.
Hope this helps.
Keep er' movin.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I agree with the use of highway pegs on the PA. From what I can see, the AeeDEA have the most range of adjustment. I think pegs are a great addition as I ride about exactly what the tires are rated for ( 60/40). Getting a chance to change up your foot position even for a bit can make all the difference on a long ride. On trips, we are right around the 600 miles per day mark.
I always offer the advice to anyone installing highway pegs to remember to note and adjust as necessary the following:

1. A stretched out "leg forward position changes the weight distribution on your pelvis. Generally, with forward stretched legs you sit more on your tail bone rather than the meat of your ass-cheeks. Take the time to try several different heights of the pegs before settling in for a 2500 mile trip.

2. The height of the seat and the type of seat also influence the position of said pegs. While you may think you found that "sweet spot" for those pegs, you may change seats down the road, and need to re-adjust. Taller seats may put additional pressure to your inner thigh, while shorter seats may cause a pull in your hamstring. Be aware of these factors and strive to find that sweet spot that makes YOU the most comfortable over the distance.

3. Having a friend shoot a picture from a tripod mounted camera gives you a chance to mess with several combinations and adjust as needed. Put the bike on the center stand and shoot a pic with you on it. Move the pegs, shoot another one, change the seat, bar clamps, etc. shoot a pic. Compare the pics side by side and note your spine angle. leg angle, and shoulders. After all, thanks to digital, you won't have to run over to the local Photomat and wait for the glossy 4x6's to get developed.
Hope this helps.
Keep er' movin.
SQ51, thank you for the valuable insight. You make excellent points in your post. Being that this is my first Adventure bike, the positioning of the highway pegs, will be adjusted numerous times, I'm sure. Especially taking this type of seat in to consideration. I had a Fatboy, Road Kings, Ultras, and Roadglides, all with touring and comfortable seats. Again, thank you brother!

· Registered
6 Posts
Gents, please stop the flaming back and forth. Everyone can have their opinions but you don;t need to start hurling names at one another when they vary. To each their own.

Hope this helps.
Keep er' movin.
Great advice! I recently sold a ‘18 SportGlide and have a PanAmerica. I loved the engine in the SportGlide but the low seat and feet forward riding position put pressure on my lower back due to pelvic backward rotation and lumbar strain so I always experienced back discomfort after riding that is not an issue with PanAmerica riding stance (helped by Corbin Rally seat as HD OEM seat became too squishy after a year of use). Now I just have to sort out the wind buffeting with higher Corbin seat…!)

· Registered
2022 Pan America Special
98 Posts
I bought these same pegs last year and I love them. I use them a lot, especially the right one as my knee can't stay in the bent position for long. I had knee surgery years ago and it helps to stretch it out. Here is a link (if it works), to a post I made about the pegs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts