Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I,ve ridden my PAS for just over 6 weeks & have only ridden 509 miles on it.
Weather & enthusiasm haven't been particularly good. Since trading in my 1200GS I have been suffering from Buyers Remorse because I was missing the low down torque of the GS and its rumbling engine, that as I said until today.
Today I felt it was the time to rev it more and its transformed my opinion of the bike.Given in the UK we have a 60mph limit in our rural areas I have been mainly keeping it in 2nd or 3rd gear and revving it higher & the induction noise is making a great noise which replaces the GS rumble and the lighter weight of the bike makes flowing through the bends so easy. I guess I am now in love with it & to think I nearly traded it in for another GS. OK our forum is now informing of us of the problems but tell me of a forum that doesn't on different marques of bikes.

·
Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
67 Posts
Awesome and good to hear you're enjoying the bike.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Just got to convince my new HD friends that it really is a Harley 😉

·
Registered
Pan America Spezial
36 Posts
Welcome here, nice that you enjoy it. It is a HD riding on an other Level compare to the big twins..
You can ride only 60 mls/ h by law, but let me say it is easy to Double the Speed in No Time just by turn the throttle. (Greetings from the Autobahn).

Gruß Matilda

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Matilda thank you for responding. Yes your right it is a Harley & a quality bike. I think the time for me to react more vociferously to other Harley Owners who say to me that it's not a " proper " Harley. It certainly is and one that can compete with Triumph Tigers, Multistrada's & our nemesis BMW GS when it comes to top speed riding and more importantly our English version of canyon riding. With regards to your top speed comment have they stopped no limit on autobahns then.Ted

·
Registered
Pan America Spezial
36 Posts
Don't worry when Others HD Biker tell you it is not a real HD. Shure it is, Look at the Logo.
But the very most important is.......

You feel good on that Bike. Everyting else is not important.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts