Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With less than 100 miles on my '22 Special, the radiator hose had already started to melt thru. Got the bike back 6/7 after a warranty repair (frankly didn't see much of a improvement...FWIW dealer/HD says shortening the hose voids the warranty) and decided to clean up my GPS wiring to the battery. Took off the regulator bracket for the first time and found (LH side)

Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire

That black thing in the foreground is the ear which helps support the regulator bracket, in addition to two screws and a clip (built into the bracket on the RH side). The bracket was a bitch to get off the ear..the regulator bracket had sandwiched/smushed those two cables way better than any cable tie. The affected wire is one of the two connections to the battery. Oh well....couldn't confirm any exposed conductors were present...apparently the threshold for another warranty claim...and proceeded to reassemble after some electrical tape wrap in the damaged area. Now, the instrument module won't light up...and for some reason my tailight flashes continually. The main and under seat fuses look and test out fine..and the battery has a good charge (via load test). The security system appears functional (4-ways flash). Any of these symptoms sound familiar?
Sheesh...never had a bike with so many issues/so few miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: A fried BCM was the cause of the problem. Warranty replacement solved the problem.

At 140 miles, the traction control system thru a fault (always on triangle and traction control icon on the instrument panel). Unseated connector pin in the RH control module was the cause.

140 miles/3 warranty claims.

Time to short HD stock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts